• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

th_ax40

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get a spare one of these (pic link below)? This one won't hold the high E string anymore, and the other 5 on my bridge won't either and they're all pretty worn and tatty.
IMG_9996.JPG - Google Drive

I've tried folding the string over itself a few times so the clamp has more to grab onto like this:
IMG_9997.JPG - Google Drive
and the E string still pops out. Infuriating.

Am I able to get ahold of replacement thingies like these? Or do I need a whole new bridge? Is it possible to use aftermarket bridges on the AX40 or is it proprietary? Am I stuffed? Do I need to get a whole new guitar? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

spychocyco

That's a saddle, and you definitely don't need a whole new guitar. :D

Is the block grooved (the black square that actually holds the string to the saddle)? I break/lose those every now and then, and my local store will usually sell them to me for 25 cents or so. Sometimes they'll just give them to me. I'd give replacing the block a try before I tried to replace the whole saddle. Won't cost much and might fix the problem.

If it's the saddle itself, you can buy Floyd-style saddles. StewMac has them, but I'd reach out to Sterling CS first to see if you can buy the exact ones you need from them. If you have to replace the saddles, I'd probably consider investing a hundred bucks to swap the bridge out for the Floyd Special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom