• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

janksy

Just picked this up used at a local music shop. Serial number is F10000. I can’t find any manuals anywhere. What does the switch do? This is my first MM bass, I came from a Fender Jazz and an Epiphone SG. I ordered an Orange Crush 100 amp should be arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to mess around with it. I like a distorted heavier sound, I’m sure I will be able to achieve that. Anybody have any links they can point me to regarding what all the switches/knobs do?

Bert

Just picked this up used at a local music shop. Serial number is F10000. I can’t find any manuals anywhere. What does the switch do? This is my first MM bass, I came from a Fender Jazz and an Epiphone SG. I ordered an Orange Crush 100 amp should be arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to mess around with it. I like a distorted heavier sound, I’m sure I will be able to achieve that. Anybody have any links they can point me to regarding what all the switches/knobs do?

Cool #Serial. Check this out:
http://static.music-man.com.s3-us-w...2016-01-01/CFD+Sterling+4+H+Bass+20160101.pdf

bovinehost

Administrator
I love that finish.

What I do on my basses that have the 3 way switch is I knock it all the way back towards the bridge and never touch it again. I have no idea whether that is series or parallel or if I've somehow opened a door into another dimension, but I know that's the sound I want.

Congrats!

strummer

Enormous Member

Nice color, my first EBMM was Desert Gold:)
And would you look at the tops on the knobs, some kind of aftermarket pearlyness I think?
About the switch: The pickup is of course a humbucker, and one setting is single coil (more like a Jazz pickup if you will), one setting is parallell (full bodied sound, nice and sits well in mixes IMHO) and the third setting is series (louder, a bit more aggressive). I like parallell best, but can't remember which of the settings is parallell. My guess is switch to the bridge though...

Golem

Desert Gold is one of my all time favourite colours!
Consider trying (if you can find one) a Black Ice pick guard to really make the colour pop !
Enjoy your new bass!

As mentioned the three way switch is
Series/Single/Parallel
Or
Parallel/Single/Series depending on how you look at it :cool:

I had a desert gold Boingo with a tortise PG.
The yellow-goldish elements in that PG were
a dead match for the DG paint. Waaaay cool.
Not likely to ever see it again, it's in Japan :-(

danny-79

I had a desert gold Boingo with a tortise PG.
The yellow-goldish elements in that PG were
a dead match for the DG paint. Waaaay cool.
Not likely to ever see it again, it's in Japan :-(

Desert Gold is the ultimate Boingo colour as far as I’m concerned.
Tort is also a favourite in the right setting. It had never crossed my mind to put it on DG but see your point! :cool:

Top Bottom