• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sroreilly

I can get the stealth black st Vincent or the BFR for the same price. I noticed the BFR weighs 1 lb less than the standard. Are there any other differences worth noting that are not cosmetic? Which guitar would you guys advise buying if the price were the same? Thanks!

sroreilly

UPDATE: The guitars are actually the same weight. I am not sure there are any differences other than cosmetics.

Billy Tennessee

Which BFR? The blue sparkle one? The cosmetics and possibly wood choice are the only thing that's different as far as I know. Personally I prefer the oil/wax finish maple neck, which you do not get on the stealth model.

GWDavis28

Get the one that works best for you. If they are priced the same. The BFR's are usually cosmetic for the St Vincent for the most part, so far. You never know what the 2020 BFR's are going to bring.

What BFR are you looking at?

Glenn |B)

sroreilly

Get the one that works best for you. If they are priced the same. The BFR's are usually cosmetic for the St Vincent for the most part, so far. You never know what the 2020 BFR's are going to bring.

What BFR are you looking at?

Glenn |B)

Its the dargie green HH. They are both HH guitars. I have the HHH and I much prefer playing it any other guitar I have so I wanted the standard humbuckers as well.

tbonesullivan

Can you try it out first? You might not like the HH as much as the HHH.

I keep thinking about picking up the HHH version, but I'm in guitar jail until I sell at least 4.

GWDavis28

Its the dargie green HH. They are both HH guitars. I have the HHH and I much prefer playing it any other guitar I have so I wanted the standard humbuckers as well.

Nice and which do you prefer?

Glenn |B)

sroreilly

Can you try it out first? You might not like the HH as much as the HHH.

I keep thinking about picking up the HHH version, but I'm in guitar jail until I sell at least 4.

I might not. But I have a standard 2 pickup HH guitar. I like the sound of it for recording but I just don't like playing it nearly as much as the St Vincent. So I figure get the St. Vincent version of the Double Humbuckers for some of the similar vibe but in a guitar I'd actually pick up(and sell my other guitar). My HHH is the white model so the black one makes sense in that regard.... but the other is a limited run etc. etc. and technically I would be saving more by buying it. Decisions.

sroreilly

this is a good point. Does the matte finish on the stealth neck feel substantially different?

Top Bottom