• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rivers

I was wondering which EB guitars have piezo pickups built-in? I am assuming all of Ernie ball's John Petrucci's guitars come with the Piezo pickup but was wondering if any other EB guitars might have them as well?

Wahoonc

I have an Axis SS and Game Changer with piezo. I think they have trimmed the number of piezo models in the past couple of years, so I'm not sure which guitars are currently being made with piezo.

Ernie Man

I think currently, other than the Petrucci models, the Hunter Hayes signature cutlass is the only one.

Fro

I’ve seen the Axis Super Sport with piezo.

Daniel

I was wondering which EB guitars have piezo pickups built-in? I am assuming all of Ernie ball's John Petrucci's guitars come with the Piezo pickup but was wondering if any other EB guitars might have them as well?

Hi there, We currently offer piezo pickups on all the Petrucci model guitar and the Hunter Hayes Cutlass. You can view the JP models here: John Petrucci Collection | Ernie Ball Music Man and the Hunter Hayes Cutlass here: Hunter Hayes | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

RSG

Since the OP didn't specifically ask about "current production", you can find piezo saddles on older Silhouette Specials and I have seen at least one or two Albert Lees with piezo as well.

PeteDuBaldo

RSG is correct.

The piezo option used to be offered on the Albert Lee, Axis SuperSport, JP6/7, Luke 2, Silhouette, Silhouette Special, 20th Anniversary Silhouette, GameChanger/Reflex, and a few BFR versions of those instruments as well.

As Daniel mentioned, currently the piezo is only offered (as a standard feature) on all of the JP & Hunter Hayes instruments.

BUC

The Reflex Gamechanger piezo is awesome. I had no piezo guitars until that one and now I would have a difficult time buying a new one without it!

Piezo used to be the new-hotness but now it's tough to find, which is weird because with the current technology is more useful than ever. I don't even bring an acoustic to the gig anymore.

NorM

at first I was troubled with the lack of a switch for the AL and Silo piezo systems. Then I fell in love with it and wouldn't want it any other way. Knob placement on the Al Silo and Morse models are perfect.
Watching Steve Morse Manipulate the volume and tone knobs is an amazing thing to see .

Rivers

Newbie question: Do the EB guitars with piezo pickups work using a Y-cable or do they have 2 seperate jacks (1 for the pickups and 1 for the piezo)?

jones4tone

Newbie question: Do the EB guitars with piezo pickups work using a Y-cable or do they have 2 seperate jacks (1 for the pickups and 1 for the piezo)?

It depends on the model. Some have two jacks, some need a TRS cable to a splitter.

NorM

I think Mine have a stereo main jack and a second jack for piezo.
I like the 2 cable system.

Top Bottom