• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ScottYecora

Hi,

I own a second hand 1998 Axis that has been refretted by the previous owner.
I enjoy everything about that guitar except the SS Jumbo frets he choose to put on it, so I am planning to have it refretted by a luthier.

The EBMM site says that the Axis has "High profile, medium width" frets. But could anyone give me the exact measurements for such frets?

And to anyone who owns an Axis and a Luke, how do the factory frets of the Axis compare to the factory frets of the Luke which, to me, is much easier to play than the Axis (keeping in mind that this is quite relative and that my Axis has those Jumbo frets) ?

Thanks,

Scott

Daniel

Hi,

I own a second hand 1998 Axis that has been refretted by the previous owner.
I enjoy everything about that guitar except the SS Jumbo frets he choose to put on it, so I am planning to have it refretted by a luthier.

The EBMM site says that the Axis has "High profile, medium width" frets. But could anyone give me the exact measurements for such frets?

And to anyone who owns an Axis and a Luke, how do the factory frets of the Axis compare to the factory frets of the Luke which, to me, is much easier to play than the Axis (keeping in mind that this is quite relative and that my Axis has those Jumbo frets) ?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,
The Axis fret size from the factory, before leveling and crowning is .047" X .095"

Top Bottom