• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paulobrito

Hi!

I've been wanting to buy an EBMM HSS guitar that can also work well for metal. I have been looking into the Silhouette Special HSS, but I have the impression that its humbucker pickup isn't suited for high gain...

Would it be better to get another guitar to do the job or can I stick to the Silhouette?

(I can't have a floating bridge since I mess around with a lot of alternate tunings all the time)

Thank you :)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The Silhouette can do it alright. Don't let the nay-sayers put you off because the pickups are low output. Unless of course you don't like vintage-style low output pickups. When we start cranking the gain up high enough, the amp/pedals are more of the metal tone than the pickups, in my humble opinion.

May I also suggest the Cutlass HSS? The pickups are a hair louder and fatter than the Silhouette's.

Last edited:

Paulobrito

The Silhouette can do it alright. Don't let the nay-sayers put you off because the pickups are low output. Unless of course you don't like vintage-style low output pickups. When we start cranking the gain up high enough, the amp/pedals are more of the metal tone than the pickups, in my humble opinion.

May I also suggest the Cutlass HSS? The pickups are a hair louder and fatter than the Silhouette's.

I may be getting seduced by the looks the Silo's looks as well :)

Thank you for your help, I'm convinced that it would be a great guitar to bring to a gig now.

Top Bottom