• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BalaamsDonkey

I bought a brand new 2020 Stingray 5H from a seemingly reputable dealer (thousands of high ratings). They were nice to communicate with and shipped fast.

It sounds great when I play on it, however, the g-string seems way too close to the edge of the fretboard (like more than Stingray's normally are). It gets worse the higher up the neck you go. It makes me think the bridge and/or neck are just not aligned properly. I can easily pull the string off the frets the higher up the neck I go. I'm attaching some images that aren't perfect, but give you an idea.

Please let me know if this is fixable, or if it's merely a dud that I need to return.

20200304_150644.jpg
20200304_150636.jpg
20200304_160838.jpg

KevinM

It looks centered at the nut but drifts to the right as it gets closer to the bridge. If a side adjustment is possible for the bridge that would do it otherwise the bridge would have to be relocated.
I think I would start be contacting the dealer and see what they say about it. For what you paid for it you should expect the high quality MusicMan instruments are known for.

Top Bottom