• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
I recently bought a used JP13 that had a faulty battery box. I switched out the box & installed a new battery, in early February. I never leave a cable plugged in to the guitar unless I’m plugged into an amp, so I’ve probably only used it plugged in for maybe 8-10 hours over the past month. Plugged it in today & no signal, battery was dead.

JP13 owners - what battery life do you typically get in your JP13? Is it possible that there’s a parasitic drain that could cause the battery to drain with nothing plugged in? Thanks

Vadauco

I'm not a JP13 owner, but that drainage is certainly not right.

Daniel

Hi Wired, Check the connections on your jack. The jack acts as an on/off switch, so if you have a bad solder connection or any cross connection on the circuit board it will prevent the battery from disconnecting when you unplug it. If you're are still having issues, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll help you out.

xjbebop

Hi Wired, Check the connections on your jack. The jack acts as an on/off switch, so if you have a bad solder connection or any cross connection on the circuit board it will prevent the battery from disconnecting when you unplug it. If you're are still having issues, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll help you out.

This. I've seen older instruments with active electronics kill batteries because the contacts on the output jack that open/close the battery circuit get stuck together... a little cleaning and lube work wonders.
Feel free to have fun with that statement... ;)

Top Bottom