• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Gio_Force_One

Does anyone else on here feel the need to buy every signature Petrucci pick that comes out like I’m do?

I’m kinda digging the trinity pick right now. I like how it’s slightly bigger then the jazz picks. I wasn’t a big fan of the flow picks but I did like picks with the shield of them.

This is what I’m doing with my time in the house today going though all the different picks i have. I’ll probably use the Trinity for a bit.

Last edited:

ohbugger

Same here... I am a bit behind as I haven't bought the newest couple, but the trinity does sound worthwhile. I used the one with the shield for a while, and right now I've been reaching for his Primetones a lot.

Picks are a fun variable to experiment with. But just when you think you've found "the one", another is released and you have to try it!

johnnyboogie

The very first ones are my favourite so far (the prime tone). I didn't like the Flow. Too thick for me.

I haven't tried the Trinity yet. How does it compare to the Flow, thickness wise? Is it 2mm thick as well?

You should also try the Jazz III Max Grip pick, if you haven't already.

The_Logod

The very first ones are my favourite so far (the prime tone). I didn't like the Flow. Too thick for me.

I haven't tried the Trinity yet. How does it compare to the Flow, thickness wise? Is it 2mm thick as well?

I am currently playing the Jazz III Max Grip ones and they're my go-to-pick now.

Gio_Force_One

I believe they are 2mm also ,I also use a v-pick traditional alot thats 3mm , ive been switcj=hing between the two.
I tried the max grip jazz3 before I didn't care for those.

johnnyboogie

I believe they are 2mm also ,I also use a v-pick traditional alot thats 3mm , ive been switcj=hing between the two.
I tried the max grip jazz3 before I didn't care for those.

I can't find anything online. The Dunlop website says that it has the size of the Jazz III. Weird...

Update: Found it. They're 1.4 inch thick.

Last edited:

Nhoj

i definitely notice the tone gets better and thicker using JP Flow but interested on the new JP Trinity

beej

I can't find anything online. The Dunlop website says that it has the size of the Jazz III. Weird...

Update: Found it. They're 1.4 inch thick.
A Jazz III XL Max Grip? If you find a link, please send that to me. I use the red XLs (1.4) but they don't have a textured surface.

(Dunlop have the "flow" and "primetone" picks that are close, but they're a little duller sounding.)

johnnyboogie

A Jazz III XL Max Grip? If you find a link, please send that to me. I use the red XLs (1.4) but they don't have a textured surface.

(Dunlop have the "flow" and "primetone" picks that are close, but they're a little duller sounding.)

Hey Jason,

I checked on Amazon.com yesterday, where I thought I had seen them, but didn't find any. It seems that I'm mistaken but for some reason I have a pretty strong hunch that I've seen them somewhere. It may have been on a local store. I will keep an eye for them and let you know. Better yet, I'll send an email to the guys at Dunlop and get the definitive answer.

The reply you quoted was referring to the Trinity pick. I found out on Thomann that it's 1.4' thick. It's kinda weird that the Dunlop website does not say how thick it is.

BrickGlass

The 427PJP picks are my favorite Petrucci picks, and honestly my favorite picks ever. I don't like a lot of the other JP picks.

The max grip picks don't work for me. If I need to adjust my grip on the pick they are so grippy that I can't do it very easily. They are like sandpaper.

Last edited:

Vadauco

Does anyone else on here feel the need to buy every signature Petrucci pick that comes out like I’m do?

Not only from John Petrucci, but also from many other guitarists.

Anyway back and forth, after trying countless picks, today I'm using the ol' good Jazz III black ones. A classic.

johnnyboogie

The 427PJP picks are my favorite Petrucci picks, and honestly my favorite picks ever. I don't like a lot of the other JP picks.

The max grip picks don't work for me. If I need to adjust my grip on the pick they are so grippy that I can't do it very easily. They are like sandpaper.

Hey Brick Glass!!

427P JP picks? =D

Jp6Fanatic

I try to buy everything with his name on it haha. I wasn't really a fan of the ultex jazz three with the shield grip but I'm really interested in the trinity.

dsky

I went from the Jazz III which I always liked to the JP Jazz III. I loved the beveled tip on the JP Jazz III but never loved the feel between the fingers. I had a pack of Flows sitting around that I would always pick one up, play for a moment and then put it down because it felt so different and awkward. Then one day I just decided to only use the Flow exclusively until I felt I had given it a fair shot, and I fell in love with it. Took a LOT of getting used to coming off years of playing the Jazz III, but it's become my go-to pick. Highly recommend giving it a fair chance. Have the Trinity on order and looking forward to trying it out!

Top Bottom