• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Nhoj

Due to global calamity of corona virus , guys be safe be clean and stay well rock on!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
<moderator on> I am debating whether this thread should stay up (there is a good reason why it's been shut down on many other forums). But, against my better judgement, I will let it go for now. Remember, stay positive, no politics! Misinformation will be removed (moderators decision, non-negotiable). If the thread suddenly vanishes one day, you'll know what happened.</moderator off>

Thinking of all the medical staff, all over the world, who are bracing themselves for hell, if they are not already going through it. The stories and footage coming from Italy and Spain are utterly heartbreaking. It's almost certainly coming your way too, wherever you are.

Shelter in Place, play your guitar whenever you can, and DO YOUR DAMN CHORES WHEN MOM TELLS YOU TOO! :D

Gio_Force_One

I bought some of the new Ernie ball strings and have been using my time trying out the new gauges. So far I’m really digging the mighty slinky’s . 8.5-40 . The 9.5 are good too , I have those in eflat on another guitar. I have got a ton of playing time in this week , I feel a little productive . So that’s been my week , string tests and I cleaned the basement.

I do really like the mighty slinky’s. I wish they would make one more new one 10-38 like the old Jimi Hendrix set .
Everyone be safe out there .

beej

And to all of you (like me) who are all WFHing with small kids in the house ... here's hoping your stash of earplugs lasts long enough.

dibart77

Stay safe, everyone. We think (but can't get tested) my wife has it, and it's no picnic but she'll be fine. If we all lock down we can starve COVID-19 like a fire without oxygen.

+1 on the no politics. This is the one "social media" site that isn't infuriating. Let's keep it that way!

Gio_Force_One

same here with my wife she got sick last Tuesday and she says she is feeling much better today . so thats looking up but im not feeling so hot now.

mikeller

I hope each and everyone of you remains well. Best of luck for a quick recovery to Gio your wives (gforce013 & dibart77). Aside from a non-contact drive thru pharmacy pickup and a few walks outdoors, I have been for a week this afternoon, working remotely.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
My brother was REALLY ill, ambulance to hospital, they took a swab for a test and sent him home because the beds were full of people who were MORE ill. A week later, he's feeling better and he got his test results back - clear for COVID but he had H1N1 flu virus!

Pain-Free Music

I have a related question to this, and my guitar tech guy didn't have an answer.

Is there a safe way (safe to the guitar) to disinfect it? Whether one has a cold, the flu, or Covid, how do we get germs off the guitar? I don't see anywhere on any of the guitar cleaning products that they are disinfectants.

If someone does know an answer to this, perhaps they can start a new thread and we can pin it.

Echoing everyone, stay safe! Hunker down, play your guitars, and my all your families come out ok!

Gio_Force_One

I hope each and everyone of you remains well. Best of luck for a quick recovery to Gio your wives (gforce013 & dibart77). Aside from a non-contact drive thru pharmacy pickup and a few walks outdoors, I have been for a week this afternoon, working remotely.

Thank you !!!

Top Bottom