• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JoeTam

Hi, guys. I'm mostly a guitar player but do own a couple basses. I'm not crazy about the 34" scale of most basses and was looking for either a medium 32" or short 30". I knew EB did the short-scale Stringray last year, but don't really want to pay that much for one that'll just be for home use most of the time. Today I noticed that Sterling by Musicman now has a short scale. Anyone familiar with the quality of these and how they play?

StingRay Short Scale - Sterling by Music Man

KevinM

Hi, guys. I'm mostly a guitar player but do own a couple basses. I'm not crazy about the 34" scale of most basses and was looking for either a medium 32" or short 30". I knew EB did the short-scale Stringray last year, but don't really want to pay that much for one that'll just be for home use most of the time. Today I noticed that Sterling by Musicman now has a short scale. Anyone familiar with the quality of these and how they play?

StingRay Short Scale - Sterling by Music Man

Those are good basses for the money.
For what you're looking for I don't think you can go wrong with one of those.
They carry them at a few stores if you want to try one first.
GC for one is a popular retailer

RobertB

Yep, the SBMM stuff is quite good. If you try one, I think you'll be likely take it home. Report back if you think of it, because I'm curious about them too (the short scales), and there's not one near me.

danny-79

I honestly didn’t know SBMM made a short scale SR. I’ll have to check that out. Something to think about anyways

JoeTam

Definitely looks really cool. Seems like you can get them for pre-order online at GC, MF, AMS, Sam Ash, Zzounds, Amazon. Not sure if my local GC or Sam Ash will be open to the public to try out at this time, so maybe I'll try to order one.

Top Bottom