• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cbc83

Posted questions, forgot the NGD!

Managed to snatch this 2012 JPXI for a decent price right before quarantine set in.

I've mainly played an old 2004 JP6 for while; it's a great guitar (that unfinished neck is sweet), but one of the piezo saddles have volume trouble, and I really wanted a backup. So I sold my Parker Fly Deluxe and got hold of this beauty.
s-l1600.jpg

It feels like such a different guitar than the JP6 - I thought I'd have a hard time adjusting to the finished neck, but it feels a lot like my old Parker Fly; the finish, the SS frets, the smooth ebony fretboard. The flat radius is killer, once you get used to it.

It seems to be a more resonant guitar than the JP6 as well. As expected, it will take over duty as my main guitar. Can't wait for this corona-debacle to blow over so I can get it into a band-mix.

Any love for the JPXI?

lifeson1

MASSIVE love for JPX1, I adore those guitars. . . I currently run a Maj and a JP7, but JPX1 has always been on my radar.

cbc83

Cbc83 did you purchase this from Logan?

No, local seller here in Denmark. He had a gorgeous JP6 BFR with rosewood neck as well and had switched to Custom Shop Gibsons, so the JPXI wasn't getting played. Apart from two miniscule finish checks on the head and lower horn, it's as new.

...now I need to replace my old JP6 with a newer model. Stainless steel frets are highly addictive...

Top Bottom