• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dt89

Hello everyone, some of you may remember that I transcribed Distance Over Time when it was released and sent out Guitar Pro 7 and PDF files for free. Now I'm doing the same for all of Dream Theater's studio releases from the 90s. I decided to completely redo all of these albums because the old books all have errors and inaccuracies (some more frequently than others). The isolated guitar tracks are available for these albums, which go a long way in being able to accurately notate every detail and layer. I've also done short lesson videos for each song, here's the full playlist:

Dream Theater - "How It's Played" Lesson Videos

Now you may be wondering, "why should I trust this guy's transcriptions?" I am a professional transcriber with several tab books to my name (link below). Also, I won JP's Match the Master contest in 2016: Meeting John Petrucci

Link to my official tab books:
Tab Books

If you'd like to get the tabs, please email me via the "contact me" form on my website: Evan Bradley Transcriptions

Last edited:

LesPaul

This is awesome. Thank you for doing this. Email sent.

Jon

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

johnnyboogie

Go for it!! I've got all of the books so far and they are very poorly transcribed. Takes a very long time to find the proper fingerings and positions.

Bill S

Stunning. I’m not surprised you won that fantastic prize! Unfortunately, I know this is way, way beyond me!

Lax

Always interested by your tabs, especially since I discovered how wrong my old books could be

elhueso

Sad but true, DT tab books are full of mistakes, I always had to watch DT live videos in order to see john' s fingering. Keep the great work, Evan!

dt89

Last edited:

dt89

Hey Evan,

Have you transcribed the entire ACOS or just parts of the song?

Thanks a lot!!
I transcribed the entire song. I've chosen to demonstrate specific parts in my lesson videos, particularly those that I've never seen correctly transcribed before. Maybe I'll do a full playthrough of the song somewhere down the line.

johnnyboogie

I transcribed the entire song. I've chosen to demonstrate specific parts in my lesson videos, particularly those that I've never seen correctly transcribed before. Maybe I'll do a full playthrough of the song somewhere down the line.

Perfect!! I'll be sending you an email =D

dt89

My free Images and Words tab book is now available! The original book for this album has tons of errors and inaccuracies in it, which I'll be pointing out in my "How It's Played" series. My free book for A Change of Seasons is also available, and I'll be releasing books for Awake, Falling Into Infinity, and Scenes From a Memory in the coming weeks. Just email me at [email protected] or [email protected] for the book.

Pull Me Under - How It's Played Episode 5

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

Just received the 'Images and Words' tab book from Evan and digging into it!!

The 'A change of seasons' tab is stellar work. Evan nailed it 101%.

Looking forward to the rest of the tab books!!

Top Bottom