• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bassyerbouti

Hi All,

hope you are all well in these worrying times. With a little time on my hands I am wanting to replace the battery holder on my year 2000 Ernie Ball 3EQ Stingray as it's let me down on a gig once and a couple of times at home and now I don't trust it to always make a good connection.

Can anyone recommend a replacement holder please, ideally one that uses the same 4 screw holes that the original black plastic one has?

Thanks for any assistance.

regards,

Bassyerbouti (UK)

danny-79

Or another option is to get a back plate from a StingRay Classic and do away with the box all together.
A battery snap, bit of foam cover with said plate.
I’ve done this to two of my StingRays as had the same problem and really don’t trust the Gotoh battery boxes.
The plate will cover the four screws holes but you will need to make two new holes.
Failing that the boxes are easily available (eBay)

bassyerbouti

Thanks for playing Music Man!

Our UK distributor Strings and Things can point you in the right direction.
[email protected]
The part number you need is M05103

Thank you Willy. I love the Stingray. The original ones arrived in the UK when I was a teenager but of course couldn't afford one so now at the age of 60 I still get a kick out of playing the bass I always wanted. Stay safe and thanks once again.

bassyerbouti

Thanks Danny for all the information. That is really helpful. I will see what parts I can source from the UK and see what my options are. Stay safe. regards, Chris

Top Bottom