• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bbjonz

Been looking for one and then this showed up on the Gear Page yesterday. Burst, hardtail, light--what's not to like? Can't wait for it to arrive!

Morse.jpg

SilosRock

That is AWESOME!!!! I don't think I've ever seen a Vintage Sunburst Morse, it's a very nice look on a Morse.

banjoplayer

You had me at 'Morse'.

same here :D

I wanted that colour first too. Steve had played one early 2000s. I still love this one

LL-bob-steve-S.jpg

bbjonz

Awesome score! Well done! I would have a tort guard on that so fast!

I was thinking a pearl guard would look nice but I think you are right about tort. Will ask customer service about a replacement after it arrives. Not looking forward to having to unscrew all of that hardware from the old guard and then reinstalling it into the new one. Did that for my AL HH (put a pearl guard on black finish) and it wasn’t fun.

And that pic of SM with a burst SM is awesome. And for inspiration, I rewatched the video of the SMB playing “Ice Cakes” as a trio. What a great player.

bbjonz

Well, the Morse arrived. Initial impressions are favorable, especially in terms of playability. The neck is unlike any EBMM I've had (Silos, Val, ALs, ASS) in a good way--seems a bit chunkier with bigger frets. Switching not that hard to figure out and it gets passable Strat-like quack, tho it shines with Tele-like tones, not surprisingly. Very versatile. I played it through my BF Twin and DR patches on my AXE FXIII. Hard not to play the intro to "Ice Cakes" with that setup...

Only bummer is it weighs 8lbs on the dot--seller said it was closer to 7. Doesn't feel that heavy on the strap, which is good. I like that SM didn't want it contoured--doesn't get lost in my midsection like a Strat and Silo does. I like that about the Val, too.

Top Bottom