• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

joethecat02816

I just purchased a jp 15 six string. The guitar is 100% amazing. The only issue Im having is with the top. I ordered the quilted top and the guitar I received isn't nearly as striking as the one Ive seen in online. I researched used and new models as well as different colors with the same top and finish and mine jp 14 11.jpg

LordRiffenstein

With any naturally occurring material like wood you will have some variation. That said, I am surprised to see they used that for a quilt top. The majority of JP15s I've seen are considerably more stunning. Any chance you could exchange it for another or purchase from a vendor that lets you see the model you're buying?

johnnyboogie

You are one of the unlucky ones. Some get stunning tops, others completely indifferent ones. To me, that is one of EBMM's weak points.

joethecat02816

I spoke with the vendor today and, after their shipping department get back and running (COVID-19) they are going to let me swap it out.
I actually think that there was a mistake made in the guitar they shipped. This one has a definite purple hue to it. Not the biggest fan.

tbonesullivan

Under certain lighting, translucent black looks purple. Also without enough light you're never going to get the figuring in the wood to really pop. Also, man why do they even bother with a matte finish on figured wood? That completely kills it. Much less in line light transmission through the finish: bleh.

Razzle

I love purple, but that one...

But yea, everybody does that, stock pics are always killer.

spacebard

I love purple, but that one...

But yea, everybody does that, stock pics are always killer.

Not everybody. Dubaldo and Willcutt put real pictures of actual guitar tops they have in stock. Even Sweetwater do the same for some guitars.

joethecat02816

Thanks for the feedback guys. The typically do let the customer choose which one they want based on pictures, But, because of everyones' unique situation, they weren't able to do that. I figure for the price that I paid, the finish should be much more appealing and closer to the "generic" stock pics that are online.

joethecat02816

I received the replacement a couple of weeks ago and its perfect really. The quilt top is night and day from the first one. Just wanted to give an update.

jp15final.jpg

tbonesullivan

Not everybody. Dubaldo and Willcutt put real pictures of actual guitar tops they have in stock. Even Sweetwater do the same for some guitars.
Yeah, especially for the high dollar limited run guitars. Few people are gonna drop over $2000 on a guitar that they can't see first.

Top Bottom