• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SkuzzyRalph

Hey
So I just recently got a passive USA sub and one of the pots is not wired in.

Would anybody be able send a picture of their passive setup? Or be able to direct me to a wiring diagram?
I msgd customer support but was hoping to get some quicker answers here.
Thanks

Golem

In passive circuits pots just bleed/siphon off signal to ground. If it’s a tone pot it does so thru a capacitor.

SkuzzyRalph

In passive circuits pots just bleed/siphon off signal to ground. If it’s a tone pot it does so thru a capacitor.

I’m not sure what that means for me. I feel like your saying just wire it in like normal..
But I’ve only soldered like 4-5 other pots and If im not looking at something or told step by step I’m helpless.
There is a capacitor already soldered to the pot but that’s it, no other wires connected to it and Idk which ones to connect where.

Golem

I’m not sure what that means for me. I feel like your saying just wire it in like normal..
But I’ve only soldered like 4-5 other pots and If im not looking at something or told step by step I’m helpless.
There is a capacitor already soldered to the pot but that’s it, no other wires connected to it and Idk which ones to connect where.

Has a cap so it’s a tone pot. Should have a lead heading for a ground. Not all that rare for ground lead to somehow fail.

That much you can check visually without any pictures to guide you. If that doesn’t solve it then you’ll need a picture and passive subs are rare. If you can’t get a sub photo you might find a photo for a passive P-Bass. Most single PU circuits are more or less alike.

Top Bottom