• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bluesboy82

Living in good old England has many benefits but finding Music Man guitars ain't one of them. And it seems the model that I have been searching for is becoming a bit of an endangered species.

With the release of the Cutlass RS, Stingray RS, Mariposa and now the Sabre models, it feels like the Axis Super Sport's days are well and truly numbered.

Do Music Man intend to phase out older models like the Axis Super Sport and will it go the same way as the Reflex and Armada models?

xjbebop

EBMM is a rather small company, and can't afford to produce products that don't sell...
So keep on buying them and they'll keep making them... :)

Tollywood

EBMM is a rather small company, and can't afford to produce products that don't sell...
So keep on buying them and they'll keep making them... :)

I can honestly say that I am pulling my weight in that department. I recently bought this one from Pete DuBaldo.

ThePod

I'm new to EBMM, just got one Axis and one Supersport. They are both great and quickly became my favorites. I'm in love with the neck and the ergos.

Tollywood

I'm new to EBMM, just got one Axis and one Supersport. They are both great and quickly became my favorites. I'm in love with the neck and the ergos.

Welcome to the family. The forum is full of really great people.

I love your Axis SS. That PRS is pretty sweet, too. I notice you also play bass. You really should try a StingRay.

Bryan

ThePod

Welcome to the family. The forum is full of really great people.

I love your Axis SS. That PRS is pretty sweet, too. I notice you also play bass. You really should try a StingRay.

Bryan

My fear is if I try a stingray, I will buy one. As you can see I already have more instruments on my hands than I can play:D

Tollywood

Tollie, nice man!!!! Congrats!!!!

Glenn |B)

Thanks, Glenn. It’s a beauty. I played out with it three times so far. It’s so lightweight. The rosewood neck with ebony fretboard feels so nice.

I also picked up another Axis SS. It’s a color I’m sure you’ll love. Lavender Pearl. It’s 20 years old and is in fantastic shape.

Long live the Axis Super Sport!

xjbebop

Thanks, Glenn. It’s a beauty. I played out with it three times so far. It’s so lightweight. The rosewood neck with ebony fretboard feels so nice.

I also picked up another Axis SS. It’s a color I’m sure you’ll love. Lavender Pearl. It’s 20 years old and is in fantastic shape.

Long live the Axis Super Sport!

That's a beauty!!!

xjbebop

I got a great deal on this beauty a few years back...

JWY1l74.jpg

I'm sure it was priced low because it's "boring black"...
But I think it's classy & beautiful.
Plus, like you said, it's so light, and has a certain sweetness to the tone my solid body ASS's don't..

marcos9pies

Long live boring black. I recently got a single P90 Japanese Moon Reggaemaster in black with matching headstock and pickguard and it feels so right. My duo-mate is waiting for an Axis Sport to be delivered, and it is a limited finish for the Emergenza contest (sorry to say but it is ugly as hell) and we are thinking about blacking it.

Fusionman

I was always hoping theyd re issue an axis sport with the different pickup options. I d love a ssh or sss.

Stratty316

I was always hoping theyd re issue an axis sport with the different pickup options. I d love a ssh or sss.

Its funny, I was playing my Sport today and thinking I'd love to have one with the new nut on it. Everything else is perfect. I'd love an MM90 one if we are going that route. Sold mine years ago because I didn't appreciate the pickups when I had mine.

Top Bottom