• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lost In Space

Every now and then I see guitars offered online as Artist or Endorsed guitars.

My question is are endorse artist allowed to sell their guitars?

I know there are some different levels and some artist just get discounts, but if EBMM gives someone a guitar, is it that artist property to sell or will EBMM be knocking on the door if someone buys it?

Just looking for general guideline.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
What "rules" EBMM have in place are not something that we know of here and not something they will discuss in public. I can only imagine that it is clear to the artists if they receive a guitar what the situation is and what the right thing to do is.

Certainly, here on the forum, we are just musicians and fans of these guitars and it is not our place to call out or shame or chase anyone who sells their artists guitars, whether they are entitled to do so or not.

Virtuoso

it is not our place to call out or shame or chase anyone who sells their artists guitars, whether they are entitled to do so or not.
I don't think that was the intent here - I think the OP just wanted to know whether they could legally buy a used Artist guitar, or whether it is still officially the property of EBMM.

Mick

remember the same discussion years ago, when joe perry sold a bunch of EBMM via ebay. Maybe the search button. I know BP answered a bunch of questions....sorry to busy at the moment

BrickGlass

I don't think that was the intent here - I think the OP just wanted to know whether they could legally buy a used Artist guitar, or whether it is still officially the property of EBMM.

I agree that that was likely the op's intent.

Big Poppa

If the artist really used it and gave us great exposure then it stings less....there is one artist that called me and said he was having a tough time due to a divorce and would I like to buy the one offs we made for him....5 grand a pop. I declined

Fro

I can honestly say, if I had a one off made for me it’d be passed on in my will.

tbonesullivan

If the artist really used it and gave us great exposure then it stings less....there is one artist that called me and said he was having a tough time due to a divorce and would I like to buy the one offs we made for him....5 grand a pop. I declined
... I don't even know if there is a word for that level of low class. That's essentially asking for a handout.

TripHazard

I wanted to buy Clay Cooks Albert Lee but didn’t have the scratch at the time. It was a beauty too. Roasted maple neck and had been used on Zac Brown Band albums

TripHazard

I know. I kick myself every day. Part of me thinks I should have just done it, but sensible me managed to restraint guitar me long enough for someone else to buy it. BTW be dropping you a message next week - nearly out of the cauldron that has been podcasting lectures...

Lost In Space

What "rules" EBMM have in place are not something that we know of here and not something they will discuss in public. I can only imagine that it is clear to the artists if they receive a guitar what the situation is and what the right thing to do is.

Certainly, here on the forum, we are just musicians and fans of these guitars and it is not our place to call out or shame or chase anyone who sells their artists guitars, whether they are entitled to do so or not.

No, I was not asking about any specific arrangements. I am just more interested if someone happens to buy a so called endorse guitar, could they be possibly buying "potential" problems down the road. I am not out to shame anyone. I

Lost In Space

The couple guitars I have seen were definitely not one offs or custom made. Actually, maybe they were saying they are endorsed just to add some some potential extra value to the guitar.

Jamie M

I know. I kick myself every day. Part of me thinks I should have just done it, but sensible me managed to restraint guitar me long enough for someone else to buy it. BTW be dropping you a message next week - nearly out of the cauldron that has been podcasting lectures...

Sometimes you have to listen to your sensible side and ignore the Knucklehead in you😁 The ones that “got away” always sting a bit. Look forward to hearing from you next week and good luck with podcast👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom