• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Peter Scherfig

Hey guys.

I got this amazing guitar in a trade. Never had such a great neck, and I really love the MM90 pickups, they sound great, and are very dynamic. I have tried to use google and other pages, but I can not find one single guitar with the same specs, only one that also has the translucent orange colour, but with a piezo system.. For that reason I have no clue about the value on this guitar? Have you any idea? Im not gonna sell it, it's simply to good to be sold, but it would be nice to know any way. The model is from 2000 I can tell from the serienumber on the backplate.

I could not uploade any pictures, I dont know why :( But the specs are: USA made in 2000, it has MM90 pickups, a beautiful birdseye maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard, a mathing headstock, and has a tremolo.

Hope you can help me here, thanks! Hope you understand my bad english, Im from Denmark.

Greetings.

xjbebop

Welcome to the family!
Yes, you have an exceptional guitar there!
This is my Super Sport w/ MM90's...

VgHkEm1.jpg

Look forward to seeings pics of yours as well...
Rock n Roll!!

LesPaul

Nice! Congrats! I was just playing my Axis SS this afternoon. Tuned to Drop C using Cooper Carter's Petrucci Rig preset on my Axe FX III. It's a fantastic guitar.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi Peter! Welcome to the forum family!

To insert photos...
When you are writing your post, look below right of the box you are typing in. Select the "Go Advanced" option. You will go to a screen that will show a preview of your post and below that will be the advanced editor where you will find the options to insert links and photos and videos.

The forum software is quite old and does not support large image sizes, so you may find it easier to use a hosting website lick Flickr or imgshare.

Tollywood

Welcome aboard, Peter. You can upload your pictures for free at ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting and then post them here.

Yes, the Super Sports with mm90s are really sweet. Here is my Black Sugar Roasted Maple SS, which recently replaced my Floyd Rose version of the same special run. That one is currently for sale.

8-E618340-4876-418-F-A792-7-FEFD2300-E26.jpg

Zippy3505

Axis Super Sport bought today.

iCloud

I am still a trying to figure out the 2 input jacks & little switch. Piezo doesn't seem to be working? Tried different battery, but no luck so far

jones4tone

Nice one, Zippy! The three-way toggle, when in center position, gives you both MM90s and piezo. Toward the neck is only the MM90s, and away from neck, only the piezo.

And starting from neck end, the three knobs are volume, tone, piezo volume.

Zippy3505

Nice one, Zippy! The three-way toggle, when in center position, gives you both MM90s and piezo. Toward the neck is only the MM90s, and away from neck, only the piezo.

And starting from neck end, the three knobs are volume, tone, piezo volume.

Thank you so much! I'll mess around with it tomorrow. Do you know if the 3 way toggle ever goes bad? And what is the deal with the input jacks?

Zippy3505

Found at least part of the problem. The wires to battery compartment are disconnected. I had an extra snap on 9V battery connector, tried temporarily splicing that on. Still didn't work, nor does piezo input jack. I think it might be the switch, which looks intimidating. Prolly gonna take to guitar center, where I bought from, and have them take a look. It was not listed as not working in listing. I'm not too confident in GC techs, but they'd said they'd look for free since it was not listed as fully functional.

GWDavis28

Found at least part of the problem. The wires to battery compartment are disconnected. I had an extra snap on 9V battery connector, tried temporarily splicing that on. Still didn't work, nor does piezo input jack. I think it might be the switch, which looks intimidating. Prolly gonna take to guitar center, where I bought from, and have them take a look. It was not listed as not working in listing. I'm not too confident in GC techs, but they'd said they'd look for free since it was not listed as fully functional.

Cant' hurt to drop customer service an email for the schematic and wiring diagram, might help you diagnose the problem a little better. Or might help the GC guys.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Zippy3505

I've actually done that, too,.just waiting to hear back. Thanks!

Cant' hurt to drop customer service an email for the schematic and wiring diagram, might help you diagnose the problem a little better. Or might help the GC guys.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

2mdude

But the specs are: USA made in 2000, it has MM90 pickups, a beautiful birdseye maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard, a mathing headstock, and has a tremolo.

I've got a very similar EBMM only mine is a 1999 model with a hardtail bridge and the color is Trans Red. It's a very versatile guitar from the minor fiddling I've done with it to check functionality. It came from a collection and is essentially unplayed/mint condition. Rather unfortunately, I will likely be parting with it as well as an unplayed/mint 2005 Axis thanks to pandemic-related financial issues. Such is the ebb and flow of guitar gear in one's life...

Top Bottom