• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bill S

I have decided I would like to buy an SSS Cutlass. Here are a handful currently for sale in the UK:

Cutlass RS Electric Guitar in Charcoal Frost £2,400
Music Man Cutlass RS Electric Guitar in Charcoal Frost | Sound Affects

CUTLASS MODERN CLASSIC IN VINTAGE TURQUOISE £1,700
Musicman cutlass modern classic in vintage turquoise | Musicman | Electric guitars | Product | Knighton Music Centre

Cutlass Charcoal Frost with Roasted Neck £2,100
Music Man Cutlass Charcoal Frost with Roasted Neck

Cutlass Charcoal Frost Pre Owned £1,500 (tiny ding)
Music Man Cutlass Charcoal Frost Pre Owned

Cutlass Coral Red with Roasted Neck £2,100
Music Man Cutlass Coral Red with Roasted Neck

CUTLASS RS CORAL RED ROASTED MAPLE NECK £2,000
https://www.knightonmusiccentre.com/product/electric-guitars/musicman/musicman-cutlass-rs-coral-red-roasted-maple-neck/

Which one do you like? Wondering why the turquoise one is so much cheaper than the other new models. What features should I look out for? I do like the look of a roasted neck and fretboard, but I am open minded.

Thanks in advance.

GWDavis28

Morning Bill, they are pretty nice, but it come down to what you want, maple or rosewood you know like that. If your looking at cost (I'm in US, so pounds doesn't mean much to me) the one with the small ding, seems like a pretty good deal for a very tiny blem. If you can live with it.

Good luck with the decision, Glenn |B)

elvisdog

I'd look for one with a maple fretboard, if it was me -- doesn't seem like it would make that big a difference but over time, I've developed a strong preference for maple. worth trying to find one to make a comparison. Mine is an SSS with stainless frets and the older (non-roasted) maple neck and it is a very zingy guitar with outstanding note definition.

Bill S

I would keep searching and definitely maple fretboard if you can find it
Thanks everyone. Yes, I think a roasted maple fretboard would really appeal. It’s a question of finding one in an SSS and I will try to find one!

Top Bottom