• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

melik2235

Hello guys.
I'm thinking about to buy an JPXI. I made a research for both guitar. I just want to know, Is JPXI still purchasable? If it is so, Would be there any problem with piezo system or boost?
Thank you.

Lou

Yes it is still available. I have have zero issues with piezo or boost on my JP13. Never had an issue with the piezo on any JP of mine. That being said, YMMV

RAIN27

Hello guys.
I'm thinking about to buy an JPXI. I made a research for both guitar. I just want to know, Is JPXI still purchasable? If it is so, Would be there any problem with piezo system or boost?
Thank you.
Hi, the JPXI is my favorite in my Petrucci Collection... It does not have an Active Boost like the JP13...
The Piezo System works great on all my JP's...;)

Etudica

I believe the original JPXI models used the older style piezo saddles and preamp. I purchased one new in 2012 (still have it) and had an issue with one of the piezo saddles after hundreds and hundreds of playing hours. Customer service worked with me on replacement options and I opted for replacing all saddles with the newer (hardened?) versions and newer style preamp. That was over two years ago now and I couldn't be happier. I'm not sure what year the saddles/preamp changed but someone one here may know. Just thought this may be helpful if you are looking to purchase a used one.

PeteDuBaldo

I believe the original JPXI models used the older style piezo saddles and preamp. I purchased one new in 2012 (still have it) and had an issue with one of the piezo saddles after hundreds and hundreds of playing hours. Customer service worked with me on replacement options and I opted for replacing all saddles with the newer (hardened?) versions and newer style preamp. That was over two years ago now and I couldn't be happier. I'm not sure what year the saddles/preamp changed but someone one here may know. Just thought this may be helpful if you are looking to purchase a used one.

Mine is of the same vintage and has the older saddles. The newer saddles have a wider point of contact for the crystal and are of a different shape in the slot area to promote string pressure over the piezo crystal. They have a higher and more consistent average output level which requires the newer style preamp to properly blend with the magnetic pickups in mix/mono mode. It's a great upgrade even though it's expensive.

cbc83

I have a 2012 JPXI and have no problems with the piezo. It sounds divine (my 2005 JP6 has lowered volume on the B-string piezo, but that is an older version of the system).

It's a mindblowingly good guitar, best I ever played. Sold my 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe shortly after getting it.

Do be aware of the 20" radius - it's not for everyone (I love it!)

Mace13

Same here. 2012 JPXI BFR. No boost and no issues with the piezo system. Gigged a lot with it. Only had an issue with the nut once.

Top Bottom