• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

4F0F23B2-CB17-48F7-9030-2E8634AE7624.jpg

I’m still fiddling with the set up on my HH it’s definitely acceptable but not spot on so keep going.
I went to alter it the other day and never noticed the signature and date, thought it was interesting so took a quick snap.
The question is more I also never noticed the dull patch on it, like there has been a sticker or more importantly a factory fitted shim but not in the traditional place.
Have any of you ever seen that or done that ?
In theory it might just work, rather than putting a shim at the heal, putting it elsewhere in the neck pocket for another effect?

tbonesullivan

I've never really seen them use a shim like that. Also I would think with the color difference, it was more likely a sticker of some sort. A shim wouldn't leave the wood a different color.

danny-79

A sticker just after the neck was sealed, sticker was then removed (cause even the thickness of a sticker would affect the neck angle)
So definitely not been shimmed in an odd place.
The set up is 99.9 ok it’s just not 100% perfect to my standard.
It’s been sitting a few days settling after last tweak. Will be using it for today’s practice session.
Thanks for reply’s

danny-79

Seeing that signature tells me someone involved with that build takes pride in their work ;)

It’s always nice to see/find something like that while doing a set up. The only bass I have that I’ve never seen the neck pocket on is the Buttercream StingRay, never needed to pop the neck.
Curiosity might get the better of me one day but for now, the same as the last 15years, will have to wait and see :)
(It’s the only one I’ve had from new btw)

Top Bottom