• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MonC

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for letting me in and for reading this post.

I have a Luke II with piezo. Recently, two of the saddles went kaput and, much to my dismay, support at EBMM tell me that I need to buy the whole set of new saddles made by Fishman PLUS the preamp system (oh, yeah... I need to send the original one first), for something near to $300.

Leaving aside my thoughts on this :)mad:), I would really appreciate it if you could point some fingers to where I could get the "former" set of piezos that match the current system. Although really beat up and some paint coming off in the back plate area, I want to keep my Luke as original as possible. She's been my main squeeze since 2003.

Many thanks in advance for any info on this.

Cheers,

Mon C.

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

I wasn't expecting EBMM would require you to buy the entire set.

The old style saddles are no longer being produced and EBMM has exhausted their supply of them (it has been around 7 years with the new design). The newer style saddles use a different preamp (essentially a different output level from the saddles, adjusted by the preamp) so if you can't find an old saddle that matches the output level and phase for the rest of your saddles you will need to upgrade the whole system to the new style saddles and new style preamp (especially if you want to match volume output levels in mixed mode).

While I still have a few old style saddles in stock, my supply of those is now in the single digits, and I'm stocking the current style saddles & module for replacement and upgrade purposes.

Top Bottom