• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tony Shep

Hi,

Saying hello from Manchester in the U.K.!
I’ve owned several MM basses over the years
Currently have a Caprice and a Sterling!
Sterling is from 1999 and is currently stripped and being prepped for paint as it’s original Paint was getting rough!
Caprice is possibly one of the nicest playing and sounding basses I’ve ever owned. Currently having a dilemma over flats vs round wound!

Cheers
Tony

danny-79

Hellos !
Flats Vs Rounds ......
I’ve flirted with flats a few times and never really got on with them. I use round steels so I’m staying in that corner

Tollywood

Hello Tony. I love flats and rounds. It’s great to have both.

Flat wounds make me feel sexy. The way they feel, they way they make me play, and the way the bass sounds.

Tony Shep

It’s still got round wounds on it and sounds great!

I’m getting on with the refinish on my sterling, it’s at sanding stage, which won’t take long
Still deciding on colour!

65D5E0B0-2701-4AE1-A9B4-BFC24D2CA819.jpg

brash47

Cobalt rounds. Your bass will explode with sound!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Tony Shep

It’s got rounds on it now, a set that came with it
Don’t know what they are but sound fine, will invest in cobalts in next few weeks
Tony

Monahan

Welcome Tony!

Flats vs rounds... as much as I like the feel of flats, I prefer the sound of old (worn) nickel rounds; just enough zing with lots of soft bottom :)

These days there are so many different flavors of flats, there's sure to be a set or two you will like. I'd probably go with flats on the Caprice and rounds on the Sterling... or add a second Sterling and have one with flats & one with rounds :D

Don't forget to post required photos of the re-fin project ;)

bovinehost

Administrator
Hi and welcome:)
I always have at least one bass with flats, and I blame Bovinehost for that. Honestly I think flats record great going direct.

Guilty as charged.

Thing is, with the Cobalt Flats, you still can get the full harmonic experience if you want a bit of zing.

Top Bottom