• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jamie M

I just read on my IG feed that Dudley is retiring. He has brought so much to the table and i for one thank you for all you great designs and inspiration. Enjoy the next chapter of your life and congratulations on your amazing career.

GWDavis28

Great guy, great engineer, I'm sure he will be missed. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement.

Glenn |B)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Oh man! Dudley can't retire! That'd be like, I dunno, Lukather or Morse or Albert Lee retiring. I can't imagine that world!

Dudley, thank you for all the love and expertise you have poured into this industry and EBMM in particular. You are a true legend.

Bill S

Come on guys, for us newbies, educate us! I mean I could Google Dudley, but it would be great to have your perspective. What’s the story?

GWDavis28

Come on guys, for us newbies, educate us! I mean I could Google Dudley, but it would be great to have your perspective. What’s the story?

Dudley is/was the chief engineer I guess you would call him. He and BP (Big Poppa aka Sterling Ball) made all the great instruments, Albert Lee, Morse, JP, Luke, I could count the number of things he's done. I got to meet him a few times at the Open House and few of the other party, just a seriously super guy.

Glenn |B)

TripHazard

I don’t think he will full-on retire retire. I bet he still gets called on as a consultant. Unless he really really really just wants the quiet life with boat drinks

xjbebop

I saw that yesterday but didn't want to post it here in case BP wanted to make an official announcement.
As I commented on the IG, Music Man instruments will never be the same without Dudly.....
The end of an era..... ;(

xjbebop

** I hope it's OK to share these pics from the IG post yesterday.... a very nice tribute imho...

TBgo69b.jpg

Gnpeln1.jpg

7pF5XC2.jpg

HEqUVdn.jpg

fogman

Big congrats to Dudley on all his successes and to a retirement well deserved.

dibart77

Posting here what I posed on Facebook:

Dudley -- I'm not sure if you realize just how much your work contributed and had an impact on the music we all write and play! We all rely on and sometimes take for granted the little details that you agonized over and perfected on all of these great tools. Your engineering and skill can be heard in countless albums, bars, radio stations, etc. Thank you! We'll miss you -- but that's the other thing: you've made a tremendous impact on Scotty, Brian, Drew and the rest of the EBMM crew that will continue to execute in a way that you'll be proud of! Enjoy your next phase!

kimonostereo

Wow. I'm so thankful for Dudley's contributions to EBMM and the guitar in general.

I still remember the day I saw and played the EVH model at my local guitar shop and being blown away. There was just something so different about that guitar and I spent so much of my time trying to figure out what made it so good. There are so many little details that made these guitars so great that I'm sure he had a hand in developing. The EVH / Axis alone introduced (to me at least) so many features that were not prominent on other guitars at that time, that we take for granted today: sculpted neck heel for better access, 4+2 headstock for straight string pull, poured plastic binding that gave the no seam look and feel, exact routed pickup cavity to match the Dimario pickups with no mounting rings, asymmetrical neck carve with heavy rolled edges with an oil and wax blend finish, nylon washer between the strap pin and the body, custom PCB soldered to heavy duty short throw toggle switch just to name a few.

I'm extremely happy for Dudley and hope he has passed the torch to someone worthy! Good luck Dudley and thank you for all of your contributions!

Mick

I´ll give him 6 month, then we will hear from him again....creativity never retires and being at home 24/7 destroyed the healthiest relationship in the past. All the best for the future! If you read this - if not: All the best for the future. Stay healthy! Mick

Big Poppa

The genius and I may still sneak in a few things~! I love Dudley Gimpel Never an ego...May not go down in history as well as he should....hes the best Ive seen We worked together forever and never had an argument....

Top Bottom