• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe. I just wanted to ask you all something. I might have the opportunity to buy an Axis SS and have been looking at the regular Bulboa Blue Quilt top with maple neck neck and fretboard. I also recently saw a private sale for a limited dealer run Axis SS in the Neptune Blue finish with roasted maple neck.

Did anyone ever own one of these? What do you think of them compared to the normal version? This one I've seen is brand new and never been played but is a 2015 model and the price they want is just above £2k. Worth it for a 2015 guitar? I'd obvouisly ask if they'd drop the price but what do you think is realistic?

Cheers guys
Paul

Stratty316

Get the Neptune Blue. You won’t regret it, the roasted maple necks feel amazing. You can always get a “standard” axis super sport new or used down the road. These PDNs are getting harder to find

Paulg2uk

Get the Neptune Blue. You won’t regret it, the roasted maple necks feel amazing. You can always get a “standard” axis super sport new or used down the road. These PDNs are getting harder to find

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm decided on the Neptune blue anyway. I prefer the roasted maple necks. Fingers crossed I can buy it.

click track

PLEASE post pictures, I have not seen this color combo and roasted neck, I so want a roasted neck Axis SS..but my kids so want to go to college again this fall...………….

Paulg2uk

Was it a rosewood board on those ones guys? The one I'm looking at seems to have one. Does that sound right?

Magic Jason

Either rosewood board or full mapple. Both were offered.

PS
The neptune blue was the most fantastic run ever!

It's my best axe. By far!

Flash Gordon

The PDN will also have stainless frets... smoother bends, lasts 10x as long without any maintenence. I have an Axis PDN BFR from this run AND a SS PDN with mm90 pups and standard trem from the same. Love the Neptune run! As good as the 2012 honeyburst run!

Paulg2uk

Hi guys, I hope you are all good. It looks like I'm gonna be able to buy the Neptune Blue Axis SS after all. I'm just waiting to agree a price but it's looking good. I'll keep you all posted.

Paulg2uk

Were you able to work out a price?

We did agree a price in the end and we should be finalising it all this week. Had an email from the seller last week saying he was having 2nd thoughts and he wasn't sure if he wanted to part with it for obvious reasons.

He offered me his other Axis 2019 model in Balboa Blue and it had some nice figuring on the neck but it was a hard tail and I wanted a Trem. I'm glad to say that the seller has decided to sell the Neptune blue one so we're all good again.

I'll post some pics as soon as it's all sorted and the guitar turns up.

Tollywood

Very nice! You will love the Neptune Blue.

That was yet another great BFR run... I’m beginning to think that I love all the BFR runs because every time I see one, I say the same thing. :D

Paulg2uk

Do you guys think it’s worth paying for insurance when the guitar gets shipped to me? I have to arrange it myself and I’ve been quoted £100 over here in the UK for next day delivery fully insured.

Jamie M

I have bought a fair few MM guitars in UK Paul. Even with insurance i have never paid more that £25 shipping. My guess is that your seller is trying to make a bit extra on the sale via the shipping charge. I would not pay that in a million years mate.

Paulg2uk

That is a very very high price even with insurance mate. You could get that a lot cheaper. Can you not collect it personally?

I just can't get there at the moment too busy now I'm back at work. Any suggestions? That was with parcelforce. Insured value of £2000

Paulg2uk

I have bought a fair few MM guitars in UK Paul. Even with insurance i have never paid more that £25 shipping. My guess is that your seller is trying to make a bit extra on the sale via the shipping charge. I would not pay that in a million years mate.

Thanks Jamie. It's not the seller charging me. I have to sort the courier out myself and that was the cheapest I could find with an insured value of £2000. Any suggestions where to try? As soon as you stick the insured value on there the price goes up a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom