• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

loocnmad

After enduring the agony of delayed shipping, my first Stingray showed up today! It's killing me to not plug it in yet so all my Zoom meetings have had the camera off and mic muted :D, can't put it down. Without getting it on the scale it's definitely lighter than my Heritage 150 (Les Paul style) and the balance is the best I've had on a bass.

Acoustically, it's very clear and has great sustain. Fit and finish is immaculate as expected. My daughter who doesn't have much interest in my gear even said "wow it's pretty, looks like it was dipped in glass".

Typically the first thing I do when I get anything new is take it apart and look for ways to personalize it or make it better. Looking at this though, I just can't bring myself to do it.

attachment.php

brash47

Damn fine looking bass. I'd love to see that color in sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Monahan

Congrats!

The Stingray is such a great bass directly from the factory, the only thing that might need changing is the strings... however, EB strings are my preferred sets, so there's nothing left to change :D

Would really enjoy seeing more photos-- LOVE that finish!

loocnmad

Did a quick scratch track with it the other day and they definitely got the electronics right. Tons of range in the onboard preamp. I'll get some better pics up the weekend.

Top Bottom