• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Pball

Hi, I'm trying to install a new output jack for my Bongo 6 HH. I'll just say the previous owner replaced the jack before and they may not have wired it correctly. I have the correct replacement TRS jack in hand and I am about to install it, but I need help confirming the correct wiring.

Would anyone mind sending me a picture of how their jack is wired... or maybe a wiring diagram? Google is not sending any useful results, and I searched the forums here without luck. I did see a post on talkbass that addresses this same topic, but I need to be a member there to few the pics, and I tried to register on that site but I'm not having any luck getting approved. Bongo jack replacement | TalkBass.com

I'd like to reach out here first before contacting EBMM support. They take days to get back to me on anything. Thank you!

danny-79

B4C47AF0-3135-4535-BB32-A4630447BFAA.jpg

That’s a screenshot from the thread on TB
If you send customer service and email they should be able to point you in the right direction regarding a wiring diagram if you can’t get what you need from the photo

Pball

View attachment 36780

That’s a screenshot from the thread on TB
If you send customer service and email they should be able to point you in the right direction regarding a wiring diagram if you can’t get what you need from the photo

Oh man... thank you so much for helping me out with that pic! I can't quite make out exactly what wires are going where... so yeah, I will take your advice and ask Customer Service for a wiring diagram. Thanks again... and hope you have a great day!

danny-79

Only got a single H Bongo and honestly don’t know if there is a difference.
Customer service are excellent and will get back to you with a full diagram to be 100% sure.
Hope you get it sorted

Pball

They got back to me today... with a wiring diagram! I am so happy! Is it ok if I post the wiring diagram here, in case it could help someone else?

danny-79

They got back to me today... with a wiring diagram! I am so happy! Is it ok if I post the wiring diagram here, in case it could help someone else?

Yeah definitely please do, I’ll keep a copy myself for future reference

Pball

Yeah definitely please do, I’ll keep a copy myself for future reference

Cool... here it is. They sent diagram for a Bongo 4 HH, but I guess it's the same as a 6.

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Bongo HH 2-25-04 (4).pdf
    36.9 KB · Views: 170

tbonesullivan

They most likely use the same wiring for all of their mono output jacks for active basses. Basically you've got wires for signal, and the wires that complete the circuit to turn on the active electronics.

danny-79

Cool... here it is. They sent diagram for a Bongo 4 HH, but I guess it's the same as a 6.

Thanks again for your help!

No problem glad you have got it sorted.
Bongo 6HH is top of my GAS list at the moment. Just missed out on one and still sore from the lack of sale :( :p

deztroyah

I know this is an old thread and my question is off topic but I searched and didn't see anyone else asking this question. I'm hoping someone might know if it is possible to bypass the eq controls on a bongo 6. Looking at this diagram it would appear that you can't. I ask only because I don't use it and I hate accidentally hitting the knobs and having to dial them back to center. I guess I could just super glue them lol

Top Bottom