• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Goody

Hello all,

On the market for used 2013 or newer JP seven. Have you noticed the average cost increase? I purchased a Majesty in 2017 at a great price, but cannot find many offers worth looking at. Most offers are sitting at new prices (some even higher). Is Reverb still considered a reasonable used vendor?

Thanks all!

Jeff

mikeller

Jeff - almost seems that way. Reverb seems really high on most things I look at. I may have thought it would be the opposite right now.

Goody

Yes, I have bought used JPs at what I consider fair prices compared to brand new, much more difficult to find recently. Fortunately, I found at good deal on a JP15 at $2000 on Facebook across the state. If purchased, I will be sure to post pics!

Magic Jason

The new ones really got out of my reach since I bought my AL Starry Night (Received it in March 2017). I bet it is the same for many of us. No surprise the demand for second-hand instruments increased. Hence the prices...

Last edited:

xjbebop

The new ones really got out of my reach since I bought my AL Starry Night (Received it in March 2017). I bet it is the same for many of us. No surprise the demand for second-hand instruments rised. Hence the prices...

I agree with this statement.
I've noticed the 'asking' prices for Albert Lee's (my main focus) have gone up dramatically over the last 2 years.
I've also noticed they don't sell until the prices come back down to something more realistic...

Magic Jason

I agree with this statement.
I've noticed the 'asking' prices for Albert Lee's (my main focus) have gone up dramatically over the last 2 years.
I've also noticed they don't sell until the prices come back down to something more realistic...

Not only are we on the same boat, but rowing with the very same paddle, my friend!

I've seen second-hand AL HH priced at 2100$. It's crazy when I paid 2200€ (in Europe!!!) for my brand new PDN 2014. (Which is the best axe in the universe, BTW)

TripHazard

Yeah, the prices have definitely gone up, whether they are selling at those prices is another matter. I always check the completed listings to see the real picture of what the buying market is willing to go to price wise

Razzle

I think a LOT of people are just sitting on guitars, I don't see a lot these days.

I see a few cases where people need money and those prices are very good.

In many cases people are just putting stuff out there at unreasonable costs and they don't sell. And again, a lot of product just isn't for sale.

On Reverb, it's not Reverb, its content are individual sellers, so Reverb doesn't have anything to do with it. Recently they've been sending out these "market prices" but I think that's just to stimulate sales. From what I see a LOT of guitars are out there but aren't selling.

I like Reverb because of ebay's policies of favoritism to buyers (the ones with the money) over sellers, so from my experience I generally stay away from ebay because it's risky. Reverb is great (except for their shipping coverage for damage), I like it because it seems to be populated by folks like you and I, just musicians.

Tollywood

I love Reverb, too. Perhaps used prices have increased because new prices have increased? That’s how I see it.

Goody

Seems to be the case, in-depth looking on the used market this week yielded a few good deals (nothing great).

Fusionman

Pre owned MM gtrs have steadily increased in the asking price by quite a bit over the past 5-6 years. Used to be common to find certain models well under the 1k mark. On the other hand the company has invested so much into itself and its artists and gtr manufacturing that it has really joined the ranks of many other builders such as suhr, tyler and anderson. The good news is that your already owned MM gtrs have a much higher resale value. Its a sellers market on MM gtrs.

Jamie M

I have never had a problem selling MM guitars until recently. I just could not sell my Valentine. I priced it fairly but people still tried to low ball. Fortunately it has now sold and to a fellow Knucklehead which makes it a good deal for all.

Top Bottom