• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cheezewiz

EB Cab problem, anyone from EB here?

I recently bought a MM 212 Audiophile bass cab directly from Ernie Ball via Ebay. I have just begun to use it, and it shows all signs of one of the voice coils being bad. One of the speakers
rattles and "farts" on any note below G on the E string at medium volume. Quieter volumes and higher notes do not cause this noise. Now I understand no speaker can take "infinite" bass or volume, but this is not at an unreasonable level. The cab is being driven with an Eden WT 400 head.

I understand the cabs were sold with no warranties, but this is a BRAND NEW cab. It has not been played out at all. I've tried emailing Ernie Ball, and have got no responses (which is surprising, because I have found my previous contacts with EB customer service to be EXCELLENT)

Any suggestions what to do or anyplace I can get this repaired at a reasonable cost?

Last edited:

SWR_n_EB

Well, i fell bad, but hey, if you tried contacting Ernie Ball on a Saturday or Sunday, then they won't get back to you till Monday. Trust me, they will, they have great service. And if something is wrong, they'll help you out. Don't loose ur faith in EB.

cheezewiz

SWR and EB..it was a weekend I tried, but it was last weekend, and I didnt hear back all week. Dont worry, I havent lost faith in EB. They have always treated me well. I understand vacations, absences, etc. happen. The dumbfounding thing is, I didnt get the noise out of the cab today. I suppose the volume may have been too low, since I was at home...but a gig next weekend will be the true test.

Last edited:

SWR_n_EB

Please let me know about the gig. I'm curious how your amp played at the gig... GOod luck.

I've heard the sound is great. but i don't like buying from eBay.. That's why i lie SWR, i can purchase the one i try, from a near by Music Store.

cheezewiz

Hello? Anyone from EB here?

I don't mind if you guys stand by the "no warranties". It was stated clearly in the auction. Buyer beware I guess. However, it would be cool to at least get a response......

Top Bottom