• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Pops

I was reading why Steuart Smith isn't a member of the Eagles online
and came across this photograph.Joe playing his ASS and Steuart with a 12 string double neck.

Eagles-Joe-Walsh-Steuart-Smith-GettyImages-1177581615.jpg

Last edited:

John C

The Silhouette Doubleneck used to be a regular model for about 8-10 years; I think it was under the BFR umbrella. I also believe it was dropped as a regular model when EBMM revamped the lineup in 2016 - but it might have been dropped prior to the revamp.

I saw the Eagles in 2010 - saw Steuart and Joe playing those guitars live.

GWDavis28

Was watching a PBS channel with the late Charlie Daniels and one of his backup guys was playing the Silo Double neck.

Pete use to have one, not sure if he still does or now. They look heavy to me.

Glenn |B)

beej

Here's one in action-

Doesn't hurt that the guy (Ian Thornley) is an incredible singer, player, and also kills it at slide. Some guys get all the talent ...

PeteDuBaldo

Was watching a PBS channel with the late Charlie Daniels and one of his backup guys was playing the Silo Double neck.

Pete use to have one, not sure if he still does or now. They look heavy to me.

Glenn |B)

Yes, I've got the only one in the limited edition run of Black Sugar w/ roasted necks! It has been a while since I've used it at a gig, but with the addition of a Bon Jovi tribute band in my gig rotation later this summer/fall I will certainly be bringing it back out.

The weight on mine isn't too bad (especially for just a few songs here and there), and it's pretty well balanced.

Older pics are here: Ernie Ball Music Man Double-Neck Silhouette B.F.R. - Black Sugar

GWDavis28

Came across this today on them there interwebs.

The write said this "The Music Man Silhouette Double Neck Guitar was originally custom designed exclusively for Steuart Smith of the Eagles. The Silhouette 6/12 doubleneck features a 6-string guitar on top with a 12-string guitar below."

104418987_362591154708525_73381798700067005_n.jpg

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom