• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jasonk931

Hey guys, I'm looking for tuners for my musicman. I have the schallers, but they have taken a beating. I use Gotoh on my personal client builds, so I am wondering if anyone can steer me to a 4x2 Gotoh seller for my Luke iii? I also want to change out the buttons to brown pearloid. Working on something you guys will dig. Send em some links if you know any.

TripHazard

The Gotoh equivalent of the Stock Schaller’s would be these: SGS510Z - G-GOTOH

SGS510Z-MGT

That is 1:18 ratio with a thumb wheel for locking

The correct button shape is A07 (closest to brown pearl would be the “P8” button)

For locking without a thumb wheel take the “T” off MGT

I’ve started using the 1:21 ratio. They fit fine on The elongated musicman headstock, but not sure about the normal headstock. I’ll be putting a set on my Albert Lee HH in a few weeks so will know soon enough

Last edited:

loocnmad

I put tortoise buttons on my Valentine and it looks great. In fact, I also used the same gotoh SGS510Z's on my Cutlass RS and ASS. I went with the magnum locks, top locking, no thumbscrew.

The tortoise buttons aren't sold by Gotoh or g-jax but I found them on ebay. The part number is All Parts (TK-7728-043).
attachment.php

Here's the thread with some more before and after pics. http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-guitars/68632-gotohd.html

SilosRock

Not sure if you already purchased but Hipshot makes a great 4x2 set 18:1 ratio/closed tuner. Purchased an all black set($55 new) for my OLP mm1. Went on FeeBay and purchased amber pearloid buttons that fit perfectly

Top Bottom