• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ErnieJohn

I like the way that it’s pretty much stayed the same since day one, I wouldn’t change a thing

Fusionman

Id love a standard morse with the jp floating trem. There are a lot of advantages with the tune o matic bridge and hardtail though. Id never want the floyd personally.

Last edited:

vuduhwy

Id love a standard morse with the jp floating trem. There are a lot of advantages with the tune o matic bridge and hardtail though. Id never want the floyd personally.

I had one with a Floyd and recently got rid of it. It was just too klunky for me. I'm down to just my 1988 Standard and I love it. I've changes the pickups and set it up for me and it covers a lot of ground sonically. I just wish sometimes that it had a non locking trem.

banjoplayer

456990250mzMDMG_ph.jpg
There´s at least a Y2D in the vault.

I suggest: get yourself a SUB1. it has the same woods, very similar shape and you can equip it with Morse pickups

tbonesullivan

Personally I'm fine with the hard tail. I guess if Steve Morse wants to Whammy, he Whammies hard and needs the Floyd. I think originally it was a non-floating floyd but then they changed it to a recessed floyd.

banjoplayer

That's a great idea. I may just do that. I've had a couple of Y2D's also. Great guitars!

the picture is an old one I collected many years ago from this forum. It´s from the EBMM Headquarter. This Y2D with standard trem may be a proto or a one-off.

I got myself a SUB1 in 2014 and put singlecoils in, because I wanted something that plays and feels similiar to my Morse with singlecoils in it. It became a pretty nice guitar, but it plays and sounds a bit different than the Morse´s hardtail. I assume it´s because of the standard trem (brass block) - but that´s what you want :)

GWDavis28

the picture is an old one I collected many years ago from this forum. It´s from the EBMM Headquarter. This Y2D with standard trem may be a proto or a one-off.

Wow that's pretty cool, never seen one like that, how do you like it like that?

Glenn |B)

banjoplayer

456990594zvhFgX_ph.jpg

not sure about the standard Morse. May be a standard trem or something else. Doesn´t quite look like a Floyd Rose but I really can´t tell from this pic

Top Bottom