• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

thejone

Hi guys!

Finally it arrived. I am really happy with that new guitar. It is No. 9. The main difference in comparison to the models before are the new locking tuners. The wheel to lock the strings is much smaller on the new ones. The majesty seems a little lighter compared to similar previous models. That is probably because of the new okoume wood that is used.
Have a nice sunday!

Regards, J

20200712_142550.jpg
20200712_142654.jpg
20200712_142708.jpg
20200712_142854.jpg

johnnyboogie

Congratulations, enjoy!!

PS: The wings on this one is alder, just like the Tiger Eye. Okoume is another name for African Mahogany, so it's not really a new type of wood. You already have it on your JP15, Artisan and Monarchy Majesty.

thejone

Thanks!
Ps: I need to do my homework before my next post ;-) Regards J

thejone

@ johnnyboogie's

Thanks again for your comment. It got me thinking and I got more interested in the woods on the Music Man guitars. And apperently, Okoume is not Mahagoni. Aucoumea klaineana - Wikipedia. I think that the production wood of the JP15 has been changed from african mahagony to okoume. Regards, J

Last edited:

Lax

Congratulations, I'm drooling !
I'd play it night and day :D
Only gripe against it is that it's even more overpriced than the others in EU...

GWDavis28

Nice man, that top totally sucks!! Congrats, that was one of the newer finishes that I really like, but what's not to like about purple right.

Glenn |B)

Bill S

I honestly think that is the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever seen. I mean, it is a real work of art! Gobsmacking gorgeousness.

PeteDuBaldo

Hi guys!

Finally it arrived. I am really happy with that new guitar. It is No. 9. The main difference in comparison to the models before are the new locking tuners. The wheel to lock the strings is much smaller on the new ones. The majesty seems a little lighter compared to similar previous models. That is probably because of the new okoume wood that is used.
Have a nice sunday!

Regards, J

View attachment 36843
View attachment 36844
View attachment 36845
View attachment 36846

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar! I've been fortunate enough to have 3 of them come through the store already, and every single Purple Nebula that I've seen has been incredibly impressive. I'm looking forward to the one arriving next Friday.

LesPaul

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar! I've been fortunate enough to have 3 of them come through the store already, and every single Purple Nebula that I've seen has been incredibly impressive. I'm looking forward to the one arriving next Friday.
Sure wish I could buy it from you! I have to be good after the Cerulean Paradise 15 I got from you in June. Self restraint sucks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom