• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jasonk931

Got a Sterling Luke for free recently and had a ton of parts from years of guitar building. Made it my own. Replaced with graphtech saddles, Gibson 61 pickups, Gotoh locking tuners, Rosewood knobs, Switch tip, Tuner buttons, and new pots. Hope you guys like it. I love it!

A16-DF6-B5-EA8-D-423-A-8-B32-FC2-F7-DDADE90.jpg

SilosRock

Looks sweet man! Very subtle appointments that adds some class. How do the gibby pups sound?

jasonk931

Looks sweet man! Very subtle appointments that adds some class. How do the gibby pups sound?

Thanks man. They sound amazing. More organic and a lot less fizz than the Sterling Indo pups. My 61 SG pups are just amazing so I found an extra set and dropped them in. The 5 way switch and 12 dB preamp push/push volume knob is amazing with the pups. Honestly, this is one of the best feeling and playing guitars I’ve found. I have short arms and smaller hands. This just fits me. When I received it, it wasn’t playable, but I have a luthier background so with some tweaks and mods it’s spot on now. Playing it live twice a week

SilosRock

Thanks man. They sound amazing. More organic and a lot less fizz than the Sterling Indo pups. My 61 SG pups are just amazing so I found an extra set and dropped them in. The 5 way switch and 12 dB preamp push/push volume knob is amazing with the pups. Honestly, this is one of the best feeling and playing guitars I’ve found. I have short arms and smaller hands. This just fits me. When I received it, it wasn’t playable, but I have a luthier background so with some tweaks and mods it’s spot on now. Playing it live twice a week

That's awesome! Love when ya have parts lying around and they come to good use.

My success rate trying to improve the ole guitfiddles is about 50% haha. Most of the time I go back to the factory specs in which it came. Glad you're enjoying the sterling and proving it can be a great gigging machine...that looks absolutely stunning

jasonk931

That's awesome! Love when ya have parts lying around and they come to good use.

My success rate trying to improve the ole guitfiddles is about 50% haha. Most of the time I go back to the factory specs in which it came. Glad you're enjoying the sterling and proving it can be a great gigging machine...that looks absolutely stunning

Thanks man. I know what you mean. I was very Leary of this one when it came into my shop. Considering it was free, I figured it was worth the upgrading. Honestly, Sterling being the lower version of Musicman is still fairly amazing quality. Unlike other 2nd tier guitar companies. Hats off to Indonesia.

banjoplayer

Thanks man. I know what you mean. I was very Leary of this one when it came into my shop. Considering it was free, I figured it was worth the upgrading. Honestly, Sterling being the lower version of Musicman is still fairly amazing quality. Unlike other 2nd tier guitar companies. Hats off to Indonesia.

It looks very decent! Congrats to your job! If it was free - killer!!!
(I had an SBMM, and I had sympathies for it, it was nice, but still needed treatment. EBMM-level was not reachable)

Top Bottom