• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Brettyb

Hey folks!

I recently came across what appears to he a stingray classic, or even a stingray on reverb that has been listed under a music man sterling. Upon looking at the pictures, I noticed there is no serial number on the neck plate, and I also noticed that the headstock almost looks like it was deliberately covered for the photo.

I sent the poster a message requesting more photos so I thought I would post here to get some more opinions!

Here is the bass in question:

Music Man Sterling Sting Ray 4 Tabaco burst BASS guitar | Reverb

Thanks!

tbonesullivan

It's a Sterling by Musicman Ray 4 that someone slapped an EBMM headstock decal on. They may have done other modifications to it.

mouth

Quote from the seller:
"Great Music Man Sterling series Sting Ray 4 bass guitar, bass with low action, great tone and output, satin Tabaco burst finish, upgraded look..."

I take it by "upgraded look" he means "I sanded the original logo off and put the EBMM Stingray logo instead".
He's looking to trick suckers with a technicality. He's hustling. I hope no one falls for it.

Brettyb

Thanks for the replies all.

The seller ended up responding to me saying that he had a local luthier refinish the whole neck except the fretboard, which just seems extremely suspicious to me and I think you guys may be correct on the seller trying to pass a SUB series bass as something it is not.

Thanks for the help everyone! I hope this information can posibbly help someone out by ensuring they know the possible true nature of this guitar.

��

danny-79

I can’t comment on the sellers intentions as far as passing if off for something it’s not goes. It’s very obvious that it’s not the real deal and that’s reflected in the asking price (still a bit high for my liking though)

Top Bottom