• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

joebin

Hi All,

New to the forum and looking to buy a jp6 model. Was looking to see if anyone knew which models came in gloss black (without sparkles). Noticed there are a lot of models and trying to wrap my head around what’s what.

Thanks!

PeteDuBaldo

The closest you can get right now is "Stealth Black" which is a matte finish. It is available on the regular John Petrucci JP6 model and the Majesty.

There is not currently an opaque gloss-black option for any of the JP guitars (although if you look at used JP6 models you can find what you are looking for, as it was an option in the past).

Bungo

They are getting on a bit now, but the 2006 Limited Edition was gloss black with gold hardware. In fact, I seem to recall Mr DuBaldo selling me a used one a way back.:D
grvcpuc2nu4wn7kcszxa.jpg

Last edited:

joebin

Awesome thanks guys and sweet axe, curious which model is this one looks like a 6 similar to your gold model but with the new inlay?

D467D413-8746-427D-8E44-0D8460B93FF1.jpg

joebin

Awesome, thank you any idea when this got discontinued. Looks like around 10-11, looks like I’ll be on the eBay/Reverb Hunt.

johnnyboogie

This is a JPXI. They came out in 2011, and are still in production I believe (they’re still on the website). I haven’t seen the finish in person, so can’t describe it to you.
You said you want a JP6.... if you have to have the JP6, it has a different arm contour. The JPXI rounds over like a strat, whereas the JP6 has the (oh so comfortable) scoop. There are a few other differences, but I can’t recall all of them off the top of my head.

This is NOT a JPXI. This is a JP6 BFR.

johnnyboogie

Awesome, thank you any idea when this got discontinued. Looks like around 10-11, looks like I’ll be on the eBay/Reverb Hunt.

The JP6/JP7 BFR is still in circulation. Only difference being that it has been renamed into JP Figured Tops.

You can see all available finishes in the EBMM website. Unfortunately there is not a Gloss Black option.

Top Bottom