• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BJ Price

I was laying out a spec sheet for my guitars and I cannot remember if the 2011 models had SS or nickel frets. Does anyone know what came standard? I appreciate it.

Billy Tennessee

The stainless steel came only on the JPXI that year I believe. It wasn't until early 2012 (or 2013?) that they switched to stainless on all JP models. Someone should definitely confirm this though.

Jp6Fanatic

The stainless steel came only on the JPXI that year I believe. It wasn't until early 2012 (or 2013?) that they switched to stainless on all JP models. Someone should definitely confirm this though.

Correct! All JP Models had SS frets from 2012 onwards.

johnnyboogie

It'd be quite clear to see whether the guitar has SS or nickel frets. The difference is quite striking.

I am under the impression that all JP models started "wearing" SS frets back in 2011. Pete Dubaldo can certainly confirm, but you can also check in with the EBMM customer service.

BJ Price

I appreciate the responses everyone. I have SS frets on my Kiesels and it feels close to that. Now my 2004 JP6 of course has nickel frets.....def a difference there.

Top Bottom