• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

shon53

Hello everyone,
I have a Musicman JP12, bought it on 2013 and really love it since.
Though, the split coils position on jp12 uses coils 2&3.
I want to have an option to use also the 1&4 coils together (which should sound like 4th position on a strat)
I looked in the forums and YouTube but didn’t find someone who did a mod to use 1&4 coils together.
Anyone have done that or can help with that ?

Thanks!

johnnyboogie

A tech might be able to do that for you. But you'll need to abandon the other configuration (coils 2+3). Ask EBMM in any case for a more in-depth view.

beej

Imo, there's not a huge difference between inside and outside coils. (So much so that I usually remove one of the two options from HH guitars set up to have both). If anything, 2&3 are more 'stratish', since the coils are closer together.

shon53

A tech might be able to do that for you. But you'll need to abandon the other configuration (coils 2+3). Ask EBMM in any case for a more in-depth view.

is it possible to keep the current wiring and add a switch that will let me use another wiring form ?
i do like the current wiring but wanted to add more options to it

johnnyboogie

is it possible to keep the current wiring and add a switch that will let me use another wiring form ?
i do like the current wiring but wanted to add more options to it

No idea buddy. I believe you should address your tech questions to EBMM customer service. They know best obviously.

Top Bottom