• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

vuduhwy

I had a chance 5 or so years ago to buy a Luke with an all rosewood neck. It was just an ok price at a pawn shop, but I let it get away.

Anywho, I just found a used L3 with a rosewood neck and it's some sort of blueburst (I don't know all the color names) and I bought it. Now I won't be able to sleep until it gets here Wednesday. I am hoping I dig the neck profile. I'm scared I will be disappointed. I just had to do it. If I like it, I am will be selling off other stuff to lessen the blow. I am super jazzed....

mikeller

Congrats - that sounds like one of the Baliburst models that was made exclusively for Guitar Center. You did well !!!!

GWDavis28

Congrats, I'm sure you like it, guess you'll know Wednesday huh.

Glenn |B)

JasonT

If mikeller is right, you landed a great one. All mahogany body, maple top, rosewood neck. They are fantastic guitars. Love mine. Post pics when you get it. Enjoy!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Great guitar, I'm sure you'll do great with the neck profile. May take a short while to accustomize to it, but if I could swap from guitar to mandolin multiple times in the same gig and barely think about it, you'll be fine! :)

vuduhwy

Great guitar, I'm sure you'll do great with the neck profile. May take a short while to accustomize to it, but if I could swap from guitar to mandolin multiple times in the same gig and barely think about it, you'll be fine! :)

:)

msquared

Congratulations!

This is my Bali Blue Burst with rosewood neck, if that helps at all. :D

RceGocZ.jpg

Last edited:

vuduhwy

Just ripped it outta the box. I'm gonna be up all night. Report tomorrow.............

vuduhwy

Alright, I know that a "review" of a 7 year old guitar is kind of unwarranted and probably not even wanted, so I won't put everyone to sleep with that.
The highlights are this...
Love the guitar. The finish is better than I anticipated. Gotta play with the trim pots a little yet, but LOVING the neck pickup sound!
Low frets aren't even an issue (my first decent guitar was a Fretless Wonder LP)
Guitar stays in tune really well and the compensated nut is really great. Most chords sounds almost perfect to my ear. In fact, I can almost stand the F# in an open D chord (almost).
The neck profile is really great. I can play things on this guitar that I can't on others...just wish it was a little chunkier.
It's kinda nice not having an "add bridge" switch in the way when I strum.
This one is a keeper...

Top Bottom