• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JDTDCO

Hey all, it's been a hot minute since I've posted. Had a quick question on something I observed on one of my Stingray basses. A Stingray BFR with roasted neck has been in its case stored for the last year or so, and I finally got around to getting it out to play, and noticed the neck was bowed. Prior to it going into the case it was solid, and played well, so unsure why it would bow in the case? It was fairly significant requiring several 1/4 turns to get it back into spec. None of my other MM basses have exhibited this including my other roasted necks. They have all sat in cases for a bit. Any thoughts on this or anyone else seen something like this? Could just be something wonky, but thought it was a bit unusual.

danny-79

Just an guess but I’d say it had something to do with the position the trussrod was in before it got stored. Add a long period of time with it standing and it just found its own level. Nothing to worry about I don’t think.
Nice collection you have

JDTDCO

That sounds logical indeed. Appreciate that feedback. Nice collection on your side as well. They do become quite the addiction. :)

bovinehost

Administrator
I bet we've all had similar experiences and not limited to MM instruments. Strings at tension will tend to affect the neck over time.

Top Bottom