• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Numb3r23

Hi,

Today I got my first music man, a sahara burst flame JP15, a gorgeous, great instrument. Feels and sounds fantastic. However there is two issues. First the silver cover on the tremolo that sits on top if the saddles “in the back” is loose. It makes sounds when doing a flutter or when i use the tremolo. From what I guess it is supposed to be held in place by two screws reachable from the bottom of the tremolo plate. Am i right that these can only be tightened when i remove the tremolo? The other thing is that the b string makes noises when i operate the tremolo, when the strings slips on the nut. I think some graphite powder could so the trick - or even new strings....

Cheers

jones4tone

Hi,

Today I got my first music man, a sahara burst flame JP15, a gorgeous, great instrument. Feels and sounds fantastic. However there is two issues. First the silver cover on the tremolo that sits on top if the saddles “in the back” is loose. It makes sounds when doing a flutter or when i use the tremolo. From what I guess it is supposed to be held in place by two screws reachable from the bottom of the tremolo plate. Am i right that these can only be tightened when i remove the tremolo? The other thing is that the b string makes noises when i operate the tremolo, when the strings slips on the nut. I think some graphite powder could so the trick - or even new strings....

Cheers

If you look at the back edge of the bridge, there should be 8 small holes, six for adjusting intonation, and two more which are hex-head screws, which it sounds like from your description just need to be tightened. They hold the cover in place.

PeteDuBaldo

If you look at the back edge of the bridge, there should be 8 small holes, six for adjusting intonation, and two more which are hex-head screws, which it sounds like from your description just need to be tightened. They hold the cover in place.

That is the case on the Valentine and iirc St Vincent, but the screws for the saddle cover on most of the JP line are most easily accessible when the trem is out of the cavity.

jones4tone

That is the case on the Valentine and iirc St Vincent, but the screws for the saddle cover on most of the JP line are most easily accessible when the trem is out of the cavity.

I stand corrected! Pete knows his stuff.

I was thinking the trem cover was retained by similar means as the Valentine an Cutlass bridges. Sorry for the misdirection.

Top Bottom