• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Luke III | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

hero-90.jpg

Glenn |B)

dave1812

I wanna hear the HSS Luke and that Black Top Red Back Luke looks Sick!
Are those BFRs as in Limited Runs or new Production Models?
My only pet peeve with the HSS is the Chrome Humbucker

Edit: I just checked the Site and it says Luscious Green. Looked darker in the Video

Last edited:

beej

Really interested to hear how these sound. The Transition set are my favourite humbuckers at the moment. Love to hear how the new ones stack up.

Virtuoso

I wish they had used all black hardware on the HSS sparkle models like they did on the Olive Pearl. Looks odd to have the black humbucker next to a chrome bridge.

Keno

Looks like body measurements are a bit different when comparing on the MM website. A bit smaller, perhaps like the Luke 2.

Eager to try one of these with the new pickups.

I for one love the chrome humbucker with the black singles on the HSS.

TripHazard

That ocean sparkle is some colour isn't it. and that Flame top green- very nice. Is this gonna be the Luke that pushes me toward owning one eventually. I've never played one, and found the colours didn't previously float my boat, aside from the HSS Starry Night

TheSash

My new 2020 L3 in Bodhi Blue should arrive this week.?
I'm super excited.

I have also a L3 in Fuchsia Sparkle for preorder, can't wait for her

Jamie M

That ocean sparkle is some colour isn't it. and that Flame top green- very nice. Is this gonna be the Luke that pushes me toward owning one eventually. I've never played one, and found the colours didn't previously float my boat, aside from the HSS Starry Night

Another one for the endless list :)

GWDavis28

I wonder if one of these is on Dibarts radar for 2020??? I'd think one of the figured tops.

Glenn |B)

TheSash

My new 2020 LIII in Bodhi Blue arrived today.
I will do a comparison with my 2019 LIII with Transition Pickups tomorrow.

TheSash

I'm just copying that from my Facebook post.

LIII 2020 with EBMM Pickups vs. LIII 2019 with Dimarzio Transition Pickups.

Many of you asking, what's the difference between the new LIII and the Dimarzio Transition Pickups.
I did a quick comparison today.
(sorry I can't do a video at this time, I'm moving to the new home right now)

I really really like the Transition Pickups in my 2019 LIII and I was wondering if the new EBMM Pickups will sound very similar.
And I can say they are not but they are also not that far away from each other!

While the Transition Pickups are very fat and dark sounding Pickups the new EBMM have slightly less output, less bass and more highs.
But... they are waaay more detailed, less compressed and more open sounding than the Transition Pickups.
I love them!
I would say that they are sounding like hotter EBMM Stingray Pickups.

You can totally play both guitars at the same gig but I would youse the Transition Pickups for tuning it a half step down etc.

Both guitars sound great but I wouldn't expect that they are sound that different and similar in the same way. I can fully understand that Steve loves the new Pickups.

Cheers
Sash

dave1812

Is there a way to send in the Original Luke III Transition Pickups and get the new EBMM OEM Pickups in exchange?
I'm thinking about getting a Luke III HSS that has the older Transition Pickups but i Love the Limited Edition Color. Would be awesome to swap out the Pickups for the new ones.

GWDavis28

Is there a way to send in the Original Luke III Transition Pickups and get the new EBMM OEM Pickups in exchange?
I'm thinking about getting a Luke III HSS that has the older Transition Pickups but i Love the Limited Edition Color. Would be awesome to swap out the Pickups for the new ones.

Highly doubt that. I know other companies that do this sort of thing, but I've never known EBMM to do it. You'd have to get a new one and do the swap out yourself.

Glenn |B)

TheSash

They will not fit, the routing for the new EBMM Pickups are bigger (pickup mounting holes)
So they won't fit into the routing for the Transition Pickups.

Top Bottom