• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rashephe

Hey guys need help making a decision between two majestys. This will be my first EBMM. I had a sterling JP100D I just sold. I was going to get a JP6 but then thought why not a majesty. So I was looking at the monarchy in black knight. Then I saw the BFR in gremlin sparkle for $200 more and here I am trying to decide between the two lol. I guess the only difference would be the finish and no inlays. And well the signature on the backplate. So curious on everyone's thoughts/votes. I am kind of like the inlays so not sure how I feel about not having any. Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• Feb17_LNU_ErnieBallMM_JPMajestyBlackKnight_WEB.jpg
    Feb17_LNU_ErnieBallMM_JPMajestyBlackKnight_WEB.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 156

Cenobyte

I love a black guitar but I'd go with the Gremlin Sparkle, 200 bucks more, and no inlays sure... but you'd be one of 89 people who own one, plus the finish will look awesome due to the sparkle, if sparkle is your thing. ;) Also I like the stealthy look with no inlays! Either way I'm sure you'll love whichever you pick, and hey, welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

Bill S

Hi and welcome, sure you’ll like being here on the forum. I’m new here, but I’d go with the BFR - they are so special, limited run of course. Don’t think you’d ever regret it - $200 sounds well worth it to me. Let us know what you go for!

EVHFAN99

You’d still have the top dot inlays to know where you're at. That’s all you really need. Get the Gremlin.

tj1

If you are playing to an audience, the green one would seem more noticeable and striking.

On the other hand there's an interesting subtlety to the variation in the paint job of the Black one.

GWDavis28

The Gremlin Green all the way, cool color, and for a short amount of money extra you won't regret it.

Glenn |B)

rashephe

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's much appreciated. I guess one concern is the black knight is a satin neck and the BFR is a gloss finish. Would anyone be concerned about that difference in terms of speed and whatnot?

SpeakingToStone

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's much appreciated. I guess one concern is the black knight is a satin neck and the BFR is a gloss finish. Would anyone be concerned about that difference in terms of speed and whatnot?

I LOVE my monarchies! BUT, the pick-ups in them are very, very dark and bass heavy. The pick ups in the newer majesties are really well-balanced. Both are amazing guitars. If you don't buy the Gremlin, you should tell us where you found it, so one of us might scoop in up! :)

Cenobyte

JP plays these exact guitars live all the time, doesn't seem to put a dent in his speed! :D haha

This is honestly a question only you can answer yourself really... but to be honest satin and gloss aren't far off for me personally... gloss can be a little less slidey maybe, but not by much, just keep it clean etc. I prefer unfinished necks, mostly for comfort and feel... but I have played many, many gloss and satin necks over the years without issue.

Top Bottom