• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LesPaul

What are folks here using for wireless on your balls? I see older threads out there, but I'm wondering if there are any updated recommendations. I'd be looking to run it with my Majesties, JP15 and Luke III.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mikeller

Until recently I used a Shure GLXD Digital Guitar System - footpedal tuner. It was excellent, rock solid. The only reason I decided to sell it is that it is picky with power supplies. Even though my Pedal Power 4x4 was rated at or above its needs, and Shure gave me guidance on how to hook it up, there was a hum in my system. The hum went away when I used the Shure power supply, but I didn't want to use it (no room on board to mount it)

LesPaul

I'm hoping I can keep the budget relatively low. I'd like to keep it under $200. Anyone here tried out the XViv systems with Majesties, JPs or Lukes?

Lax

I use a boss wl50 but only on jp12, jp7 and an emg jackson.
No idea if it works on trs modern mm tho

Jamie M

I use Line 6 G10 system but note it does not play well with any guitar taking a 9v battery

Pops

My Xvive doesn't like it when plugged directly into my Cutlass.However don't despair a work around is a short lead 6" with a 1/4 " male at one end and a 1/4"female socket on the other.I use a longer lead on my Cutlass between them and velcro it on to my guitar strap.The Xvive needs to be far enough away from the electronics to get rid of the buzz.The longer version works on the Cutlass and on my Electro acoustic the shorter lead works too.It won't cost a lot to try it.I bought a 50cm lead 1/4 " male to 1/4 " female from Amazon UK I think it cost about £5 so I would imagine it will be about $5 in the USA.

Last edited:

Mace13

Line 6 G50 has been very solid with the JP XI and Majesty 2018, and all the other guitars. The additional transmitters a bit pricey.

Fusionman

Ive been using a boss wl20 low impedance system with all of the listed gtrs wo any problems. The l series was designed to work with active electronics as i have emgs in the tele and strat and piezos in the jp and parker.

Last edited:

LesPaul

I picked up an XVive U2 today. Charged it and hooked it up between my Majesty and Axe FX III. I didn't notice any additional audible noise, even with this Majesty boost engaged. I've only tried the Majesty so far and only had about 15 minutes to play until everyday life intervened. Hoping to try more tomorrow with different guitars including my Luke III and Cutlass. I also need to compare the tone with the XVive vs a cable.

GuitarHack

WiC for Guitar | Audality

More than you said you want to spend, but it sounds great, the range is exceptional, and holds a charge forever.

I've gotten so far away from the amp that the speed of sound is a factor and makes playing impossible, and it still works. Not that I get the chance to wade out into the arena that often.

Mace13

Line 6 G50 has been very solid with the JP XI and Majesty 2018, and all the other guitars. The additional transmitters a bit pricey.

I jinxed it. So, within 2 days after writing this one of the transmitters just flat out stops working! It will not power up! We'll see how well Line6 stands behind their products since it is still under warranty.

mikeller

Ive been using a boss wl20 low impedance system with all of the listed gtrs wo any problems. The l series was designed to work with active electronics as i have emgs in the tele and strat and piezos in the jp and parker.

Fusionman - is that the WL20L ? I almost always on gig with a Luke 3 model or Cutlass HSS. The stuff I find online isn't real clear on that.

Phrankenstrat

The xVive and other wireless systems of that ilk will NOT work with the EBMM preamps. You will either have to get a TS extension cable or go with a more conventional wireless system. I have been using the Sennheiser XSW-D instrument set with great success for my Kemper Stage and HR Pedalboard. If I use my normal pedalboard with anything, my go to has been the Line 6 G50 which is a fantastic wireless system.

Sennheiser XSW-D Instrument Base Set Digital Wireless Guitar System

Last edited:

mikeller

The xVive and other wireless systems of that ilk will NOT work with the EBMM preamps. You will either have to get a TS extension cable or go with a more conventional wireless system. I have been using the Sennheiser XSW-D instrument set with great success for my Kemper Stage and HR Pedalboard. If I use my normal pedalboard with anything, my go to has been the Line 6 G50 which is a fantastic wireless system.

Sennheiser XSW-D Instrument Base Set Digital Wireless Guitar System

Thank you!! I had a Shure GLXD but sold it because it liked its supplied power supply better than the PedalPower 4x4 (which exceeds the requirements of the Shure). It had an annoying hum.

I have been wired to tuner/pedalboard - or Helix. If I go back to wireless again, my consider the G50 if that will work with the Luke 3 and/or Cutlass's

Phrankenstrat

Thank you!! I had a Shure GLXD but sold it because it liked its supplied power supply better than the PedalPower 4x4 (which exceeds the requirements of the Shure). It had an annoying hum.

I have been wired to tuner/pedalboard - or Helix. If I go back to wireless again, my consider the G50 if that will work with the Luke 3 and/or Cutlass's

Yes, the G50 has zero issues with those preamps. I just like the Sennheiser because there is no power supply involved. It's like the xvive but works with no issues and I don't have to have anything "extra" for my Kemper.

ThePod

I picked up an XVive U2 today. Charged it and hooked it up between my Majesty and Axe FX III. I didn't notice any additional audible noise, even with this Majesty boost engaged. I've only tried the Majesty so far and only had about 15 minutes to play until everyday life intervened. Hoping to try more tomorrow with different guitars including my Luke III and Cutlass. I also need to compare the tone with the XVive vs a cable.

I use xvive with all my guitars. It works flawlessly with my two Axis guitars. Also works with my two active pickup guitars, a Jackson and a Schecter. I've had it for quiet a while now and the battery life started to be less than two hours. I replaced the batteries (not easy but doable if you search the youtubes for how-to) now I get about 6 hours on charge. I use it for practice and gigs. Works great IMO.

mikeller

Yes, the G50 has zero issues with those preamps. I just like the Sennheiser because there is no power supply involved. It's like the xvive but works with no issues and I don't have to have anything "extra" for my Kemper.

So the Sennheiser would work with like the Luke 3 and Cutlass's. I would be running it into a regular pedalboard for the most part, and occassionally thru a Helix ?? The lack of the need for a power supply is very appealing to me. I wasn't sure by your original reply

Top Bottom