• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Matt Melody

Hey guys,

So I have had this music man since about 2010. I recently had some events happen in life that required me to put the guitar down for a couple years. Unfortunately that meant the JP6 had to sit in its case for about two years.

I got her out of her case a couple days ago and noticed the neck had a buldge in it.

It looks almost like its the truss Rod that pushing up against the wood. Really bizarre because the relief in the neck is perfect to my eyes. (I hold a finger on the first fret and one on the 24th and check the play on the 12th) In that context, usually this would only happen if it had an extreme bow one way or the other, no?

So my question is can this be fixed? Do I have to replace it? Should I be worried?

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I have never seen that before. I doubt it has anything to do with the truss rod (which is installed from the other side before the fretboard is glued on) but then again, I have no clue. Customer Service should see this. I'll send out a bat signal.

Matt Melody

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it. It doesnt affect playability, the guitar still feels great but whatever it is has me paranoid it could get worse and eventually render the neck unusable.

johnnyboogie

It's a good thing to open the case of the guitar every now and then since humidity penetrates even closed hard cases. I'm not saying it happened because of that, but it is a possibility.

Top Bottom