• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

seanseanhd

Hello all. Im new to the forum and also just got my first Ernie Ball. A Sabre in the Cobra color. still haven't got it dialed in action was high as hell. Not sure about the pickups they are wood mounted and sit pretty low with no adjustment and seem a little weak.. May try a little foam under to raise them. Top is a Beauty though.

Attachments

• Sabre.jpg
    Sabre.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 173

JasonT

Nice score! Man, that’s a sweet looking guitar! Hope you get it dialed in to your liking soon.

And welcome . . .

jones4tone

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new Sabre! The climate changes can be tough on a new guitar. You’ll get it dialed in.

There are lots of very knowledgable people on the forum, so don’t hesitate to ask any questions you run into!

seanseanhd

Finally finished setting up the Sabre. The bridge pickup gets really sweet and aggressive after i raised about an 1/8 of an inch. action is pretty good got it at 1.5 MM from top of 12th fret to bottom of the string on the low and high E if i drop high E to 1.2 MM it frets out. not sure what the factory spec is. holding 1st fret and 12 fret i can slide a business card under the 7th fret so that should be good for neck relief. any suggestions on my setup or if i have it all wrong let me know. The guitar is a real beauty and is a keeper for sure.

TripHazard

I have my action a little higher than you, but I also play 8s. I have my relief set at 0.25mm at the 8th fret
Always very personal stuff, so YMMV

Wildhorse

Beautiful guitar. I saw a Musicman, a Sabre in a shop about three weeks or so back and can’t stop thinking about it. The materials and workmanship were just amazing. Prior I had not seen one before, hence, I’m here now to learn. Congrats.

Top Bottom