• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbonesullivan

Well, looks like a lot of retailers have few to none left. It may not have been selling as well with the introduction of the Stingray Specials, which are incredible modern instruments much more geared to the needs of today's bassists.

Karl

I really cannot understand why the Classics are not selling! Although the Specials are great Basses, they do not come close to the Classic which is as close as you are going to get to the original pre EB Stingrays but obviously without the black epoxy preamp. There is a recent poll on TB asking members to vote on their favourite Stingray and the Pre EB/Classic are miles ahead of anything else including the new Specials. On the other hand if EB stop producing the Classics then that will automatically up the asking price of my Classic when I am forced to sell it due to my own expiry.

Movielife

My Classic 5 is potentially the best instrument I've EVER played or owned. I love all of my instruments, hence none are for sale, but the Classic 5 is stunning to look at, feels good, and most importantly sounds absolutely amazing.

It looks like I have a few discontinued Musicman basses now, but yep, the value will no doubt go up.

I understand changes in a company. The Classics have been on sale for what, 10 years or so now? But, the UK bass page on the website only has 3 models now - Stingray Special, Sterling and Bongo.

We want more basses! Hhahahaha!

classic

Bad news again...I don't understand the marketing concept anymore .On one hand series are discontinued, on the other hand there are basses in the vault or the artist series... but these basses are not availiable in Europe...
So what is the sense behind it?

Last edited:

mouth

That's a shame really. Even though I prefer the older standard 2 band Stingrays (no string through body, straight grain wood is more stable, body contours, better saddles, etc.) - it's a shame that the classic 2 band is now out of production apparently. But I also prefer the older 3 band tone to the new Specials which are basically neutered Stingrays. Oh yay, a more tame (and less character to it) sounding Stingray, everyone goes nuts for it now. Oh well, sign of the times.

Edmang

Not only the classic but the old smoothie is also gone from the website.

Do not see the short scale Stingray either

Last edited:

Edmang

My guess is they reconstructed the site and removed the link, but did not delete the old page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom