• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Stingray 4 Nut

I just bought a Sterling Short Scale Bass. I would like to change the strings to flats. Should I just buy the regular ones or Ernie Ball produces a Short Scale version? Thanks.

Golem

[SUB][/SUB]
I just bought a Sterling Short Scale Bass. I would like to change the strings to flats. Should I just buy the regular ones or Ernie Ball produces a Short Scale version? Thanks.

You should never shorten bass strings. And BTW only the very thin first section of the leader should ever be trimmed. Also it’s best never to let the main wrap get wound onto the peg.

I assume EBMM has the strings you want but I’ve never needed to know.

Stingray 4 Nut

Thanks. I couldn't find a short scale flatwound on the Ernie Ball web site. I love EB flats (I have them on all my basses), but I think I will have to use anther brand this time. Any recomendations.

Golem

Thanks. I couldn't find a short scale flatwound on the Ernie Ball web site. I love EB flats (I have them on all my basses), but I think I will have to use anther brand this time. Any recomendations.

D’Adario Chromes seem identical.

Jef

I was also checking EB flatwounds as I just bought a MM short scale Stingray.
AFAIK only Slinky Nickel Wound Short Scale Bass Strings (regular and super) are available from EB.
I just dropped an email to CS to get confirmation and advice regarding flatwounds.
Personnaly I would recommend Thomastik JF324.
You could also consider La Bella LTF-4A-S Low Tension Flats 42-100, Short Scale, maybe easier to find and cheaper in your country...
I asked CS if cobalt flats would be available in the future as short scale... I will keep you informed ;)

Stingray 4 Nut

Thanks for the answers. I just bought La Bella Flats short scale. It was the only one I faound around here.

Jef

EB Customer Service answered that currently Nickel Wound Short Scale Bass Strings (regular and super) are the only short scale strings they offer.
And not a word regarding a future availability of cobalt flatwounds...

Top Bottom